Graduated from sticks to crutches

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 31. Jan 2013, 16:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey Folks,

How you all doing? I'm ...... Well I'm just ...... At the moment. Don't quite know what the dots stand for as I can't make my owmind yet. Been bad since October -really bad - worst since I was diagnosed and that's 18 years! So had some time in hospital and I'm now home and I've graduated from sticks to crutches! Yay! As you can tell I'm trying to put a positive spin on the situation and not let the B.....d ( and I know what the dots stand for in that one!) get me. I've been quite down but am trying to crawl back upwards. So I might drop in and out for a few weeks but it don't mean I've forgotten you and that I won't be lingering with intent!

So lots of jokes, banter and downright silliness is requested forthwith and ideas to pimp the crutches too - no gents I said THE Crutches not MY Crotch!!

Love Kate xx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am sooo glad you made the last part clear hun lol...

Been rather down myself lately but fully intend on recovering in style lol..

I am just about to crash for the night but I am sure that you will get plenty of support n ideas hun..

Best wishes for now

:wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    It sounds like you've had a plate full so well done coming out the other side...pimping crutches- a can of spray paint, some decals and I wonder if you can get interesting rubber bung thingies for the ends? Keep on keeping on. I love that you are aiming for the positive spin. Big hugs, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear how bad you have been Kath but glad you are sounding a lot more positive............ pity xmas is by you could have adorned the crutches with some nice fairy lights and tinsel..............keep being positive...........tc...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    One of my children tied some pink knitting wool round the bottom of my crutches. They meant well so there it stays.

sorry to read you have been having such an awful time and been to hospital. You were doing so well.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Sorry it's been rough for you, Kate, but glad you're on the mend.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Kate :D

Lovely to see you Welcome back - this time you better stay!!. Crutches eh? Not the best news in the world, but pimping IS......

I love Elizabeth's child's pink wool....ahhh!!!! How sweet :)

I would want first to consider how easy it would be to un-pimp if you went off them :shock:

How many pairs have you got?? Just thinking if you had more than one pair you can go MAD with them.....and do something permanent....with paint maybe?

Right. First off I you have to think what represents your personality?? Having met you I should say a bit 'different' :wink: Something to make people laugh? A biro holder for instance? (not 'L' plates I should say that's been done before). Bottle opener, wine-glass holder, bike bell/horn?? Sorry I think I'm getting carried away now :oops:

Maybe best to get some coloured ribbon and wind it up and up and up - this has the advantage of being removable and you could change the ribbon according to what you were wearing :wink: AND wouldn't get in the way or trip you up like my other ideas :D

Take care Kate

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    see if Hubby has got any of those 'mod' handle bar tassels to put on the grips.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Kate and its good to have you back with us, only Im so sorry you are suffering.
    Yeah you pimp up those crutches....I am using one at the min...but my GD has put nail varnish all over it.....not very artistic but very noticeable... :)
    You take care and I hope things ease up for you very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    see if Hubby has got any of those 'mod' handle bar tassels to put on the grips.

Elizabeth

Yay Elizabeth

Was thinking maybe an aerial with an animal tail atop! At least they'd be able to see me in Sainsburys above the shelves!! Or maybe lots of mirrors? But health and safety might have something to say about that if they weren't properly balanced! At least I'd be able to see anyone sneaking up on me! :o I should be so lucky :oops:

Hope everyone ok with you,

Love Kate xx