barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Numpty...I hope you have a lovely day xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes, it's helped cheer me up, I'm feeling very sad today, I had to say goodbye to my precious Beu (my Burmese cat) yesterday, I feel so empty inside, I had to say goodbye to my other cat, Custard, at the beginning of the month, I can't believe how big the hole is that they leave behind.
    Thank you again

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    That's so sad Numps. Here's a big (((((((()))))))) to help you with that. My cat leapt up to heaven in October, they are such huge characters for such tiny things. I bet your two lived the best of lives and in total luxury so let that be a comfort, there are so many cats in shelters who have had a rough time and no love but your two got the best of lives. Lots of love, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Oh Numpty I'm so sorry to hear about your beau & custard, To loose one is bad enough but 2 within a month that's just awful. As you know I lost my bubba last June. The hole that made in my heart was big and I still miss him now the house is so quiet without him.
    I want to wish you a happy birthday but it's far from a happy day. Take Care, if you ever wanna chat about beau & custard please PM me and we can talk about our beautiful cats, it does help alittle. I send you a big (((((HUG))))) for today.
  • numptynora
    Thank you bubba and LV, I've found a place that has unwanted breeding cats-they've served their purpose and are surplus to requirements!- so I've contacted someone with a Snow Bengal, perhaps I can help to give her a 'luxury retirement', lets hope so.

numps x
    Numps x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awe numps sorry to hear about your Beau and Custard losing both of them within a short space of time, sending some ((((()))))s for you, hope you have as nice a birthday as you can.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Happy Birthday numptynora, sorry about your cats, they do leave quite a hole in your heart when they go.
    The new to you cat will, I'm sure, enjoy a well earned retirement.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Dear Numptynora,

Happy Birthday to you from all the Mod Team and the Webmanager

YEH
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Numps,
    I hope you had a lovely day,
    Numpty
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Numps I am sorry :(

t3332.gif

belated happy birthday from me

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :oops: I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Numps, and even more so about your cats. I hope you managed to get the Snow Bengal.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • numptynora
    :oops: I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Numps, and even more so about your cats. I hope you managed to get the Snow Bengal.

Up Date on cats,

Foolishly (maybe) I listened to someone who, between sucking air between his teeth and stuttering a bit, told me that Bengals don't get on with other cats. It's interesting because I was told that Burmese don't get on with other cats but mine instantly took to my first cat, a moggy, and they welcomed the lodger when he moved in, another moggy!
    I'm not sure whether to go back to the Bengal or to sleep on it a bit longer, trouble is, my little Lilly is getting rather anxious cos there's no one for her to fuss over.
    Does anyone have any thoughts please?

Numps x
    Numps x
  • LignumVitae
    I was always told cats don't get on with dogs but Billie Holliday is currently purring away tucked up with seven stone of hulking dalmatian. I think if you know your animals and you can take the time they need you can broker any peace treaty you need. When my husband's dog arrived from Australia I was assured she would be a cat killer..try a comfy cat cushion for them to sit in and watch TV! What does your heart say?
  • numptynora
    My heart says 'do it' LV

so I'm going to

Numps x
    Numps x
  • LignumVitae
    Yeay, that is good news, let me know how you all get on and remember, where there's a will there's a way. Billie Holliday arrived spitting and making all sorts of noises at dogs and now she thinks she is one, there were times I never thought that would happen. She even greets stranger dogs when they come here and takes no trouble from them too. I do have to encourage my youngest dog to remember she is a small cat sometimes as he likes to play with her like she is a pup. How exciting, I want to know all about your beautiful new addition! LVxx