Anyone else get the 'jitters'?

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 1. Feb 2013, 11:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Just a quick question -does anyone else gets the jitters from having huge doses od steroids? I'm going out of my mind here- can't rest or keep still -not sleeping even with sleeping tabs- I'm beside myself here. Hubby says he's gonna put me in the bath with a load of washing powder and the laundry and I can agitate it all!!

That is not being helpful -funny yes helpful no!

Ideas please for coping - I've got more bloody tiks than a cheap Sekonda watch!!!

Hellllllpppppp!

Kate xx

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    In a word, yes, it's like taking speed or something...I think. I really notice it after a shot, all buzzy with nowhere to buzz. Think that is why I sometimes over do it and undo the effects of the jab. Good luck coping with it!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Sorry, incomplete response...drinking lots of water helps but that might just be me making myself feel calmer (I'm a keep hydrated kinda girl).
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This usually crops up on LWA rather than CC but yes, I believe it's a familiar response to large steroid doses. It can't be pleasant and I hope it eases soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Kate this is one of the known side effects of steroids, we use to say on here, you can come and paint my ceiling or do the house work for us.
    It can be such an uneasy feeling.
    I hope it eases up for you very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Yes Kate!

I remember (Barbara is right!) Trisher I think doing everyone's ceilings for them at night while the rest of us were quietly Zzzzing :wink:

How long are you on that dose for and do you feel ok otherwise?

Love

Toni xxx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Yes Kate!

I remember (Barbara is right!) Trisher I think doing everyone's ceilings for them at night while the rest of us were quietly Zzzzing :wink:

How long are you on that dose for and do you feel ok otherwise?

Love

Toni xxx
    Hi Toni,

Reducing the dose slowly down but as well as the oral steroids I've not long had 3 x 500 mg infusions so am now starting to look like Sylvester Stallone and not the toned version neither :shock: xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    [Hi Toni,

Reducing the dose slowly down but as well as the oral steroids I've not long had 3 x 500 mg infusions so am now starting to look like Sylvester Stallone and not the toned version neither :shock: xx[/quote]

Oh no :?

not good then :(