My Good Deed Of The Day

shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 31. Jan 2013, 15:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
I contacted Arthritis Research a week ago to donate all my craft stuff as I used to do card making and have built it up over the years and was unable to sell it.I couldn't hold a carboot as I dont drive and on selling sites people expect it all for virtually nothing and it is all worth well over £1000.I was informed someone is going to be collecting soon as they will be in the area soon so am hoping a lot could be raised by selling individually,well tonite someone contacted me wanting to buy it so I thought if it sold I would just donate what I made from it,well call me mad or whatever they felt £300 was too much and cause I was donating to charity I should let it go for less.I will rather take nothing for it and donate to a good charity knowing the money raised is put to good use than let someone try get something for almost nothing when a lot is still brand new and was all looked after well so this is my good deed for today and to top it I have had almost a pain free day today so I'm happy and I feel I made the right decision.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hope it fetches a good sum. It's a kind thought and deserves to. Great that you've had a good day.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Blimey Shandy some people :roll:

I am glad you donated it to such a good cause

well-done :)

love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hang on to it until you can sell it for an amount you are happy with. They obviously thought £300 for a £1000 worth of stuff wasn't bargain enough. The right buyer will come along in time,

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Thankyou but I'm donating it and just waiting for it to be collected I'm quite happy for it to go to Arthritis Research as it will help many people I for one am grateful for the help I have had so far so I know it's the right thing to do I won't get anything near to what could be made in all the arthritis shops around the country if sold individually,and every penny counts when the money is needed to help others.I hope they can make quite a bit from it X.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Me too :D
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Me as well Shandy that's a very kind thing to do xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your