Not Loooking Good For ATOS Medical Thursday 31 Jan

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 31. Jan 2013, 06:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Just been to doctors this afternoon and as my own is off due to bereavment had to see an intermin doc. Last time she seemed good when I needed codeine phospate for pain post TKR.
Today she wasn't so helpful. I thought if had any notes to take with me on thursday would help. All that was on system was that when went for my 6 week check up was progressing well and managing to do day-to-day activies...I said to doctor they fail most people and mentioned folk who even have cancer and she said "even if you have cancer you can still work"...She said in theory i could work as could get a bus to go to a job and sit at computer... I said no way could i stand for a bus and am not comfortable sitting for periods of time yet either....Also cos of my doc's situation if that lot write to the surgery then they will just get a report from any doctor about me, not someone who knows me or would support me saying i need 6 months which would be up end of march....
I know its a bit selfish and unfortunate but I just know they will see me as fit for work..Also I didnt put down this time about auto immune diseases I had for last claim in 2010, would they just assume as havent included them that I am reocvered from that now? This time was all about my knee and TKR operation..

Elainexx

Comments

• lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Trouble is this country is nearly bankrupt. Everyone knows people who are workshy and would not lift a finger. Well this has all just caught up with us, I have worked all my adult life and will be 60 this year, have worked since my 15th birthday and I feel cheated that I will not be able to ritire till I'm 63 I always knew I would struggle to make 60 but was determined to do it and then they moved the goal posts! Well I think a lot more people should be told to stop whinging and get on with it. Yes I am angry that I have now got ms But now that I have just realised that I have worked damn hard for 43 years non-stop and am ready to retire blah blah blah.......
  • elainebadknee
    Well im not workshy I have had an illness and am recovering from it. I have also worked all my life until I had to have my surgery and have in the past taken jobs that haven't paid me well, in fact have worked part-time to a 60mile a day job that cost me more money in petrol than it paid me....I know of people who have not worked for decades and still bet, drink everyday....

Elainexx
    lululu wrote:
    Trouble is this country is nearly bankrupt. Everyone knows people who are workshy and would not lift a finger. Well this has all just caught up with us, I have worked all my adult life and will be 60 this year, have worked since my 15th birthday and I feel cheated that I will not be able to ritire till I'm 63 I always knew I would struggle to make 60 but was determined to do it and then they moved the goal posts! Well I think a lot more people should be told to stop whinging and get on with it. Yes I am angry that I have now got ms But now that I have just realised that I have worked damn hard for 43 years non-stop and am ready to retire blah blah blah.......
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Elaine
    I can say I know you are not work shy one bit, they do not pick on them that are , because you will be an easy target, they have no chance with the ones that have never worked.
    Good Luck with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Barbara

Thats so very true but that is the very group of people that have given us bad names as lots of them claimed they had bad backs or depression which used to be two of the most commonly used ailments which were in the past hard to treat.....
    I will go and go through the motions..

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Elaine
    I can say I know you are not work shy one bit, they do not pick on them that are , because you will be an easy target, they have no chance with the ones that have never worked.
    Good Luck with it all xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I just read on a site I do voluntary work for (AbleHere.com) that in the house of commons yesterday during PM's question time there was a real show down over PIP! And that a few changes are to be made to it.

1.) Those unable to walk more than 20M would automatically qualify rather than the pervious distance of 50M.

2.) New regulations should include that the requirement of tasks should be done 'reliably,safely,repeatedly and in a timely manner. This is for dressing and walking.

There was a very big and lively disscussion on the changes to PIP and Lord Freud has said he hopes to present peers with a 'definate' approach in a weeks time.

So we hold our breath till next week!
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks for the below information Bubba interesting eh>

Elainexx

quote="bubbadog"]I just read on a site I do voluntary work for (AbleHere.com) that in the house of commons yesterday during PM's question time there was a real show down over PIP! And that a few changes are to be made to it.

1.) Those unable to walk more than 20M would automatically qualify rather than the pervious distance of 50M.

2.) New regulations should include that the requirement of tasks should be done 'reliably,safely,repeatedly and in a timely manner. This is for dressing and walking.

There was a very big and lively disscussion on the changes to PIP and Lord Freud has said he hopes to present peers with a 'definate' approach in a weeks time.

So we hold our breath till next week![/quote]