Food Poisoning and Arthritis!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 2. Feb 2013, 12:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well Tuesday afternoon I had a bagal for lunch enjoyed it and around 2pm I started to get a headache and thought it might have been the start of a migraine so went to bed. My OH woke me when he got home from work and literally after he said hi I said 'I'm gonna be sick' and ran as fast as I could (which isn't that fast) to the toilet and projectial vomited! I couldn't understand how a little person like me could be so sick it went everywhere!! and I literally fell to the floor it drained me. I shouted to my OH and he came and saw what a mess I was and got me to bed and changed me into my PJ's cause my clothes where covered in sick and cleaned up! And I felt awful! I was sick a further 6 times during that evening my joints especially my poor knee's ached! I didn't get out of bed Wednesday till noon and even then felt weak and my stomach feels like it has been used as a punch bag! I lay on the settee and watched telly cause that's all I could do! Even today I still feel weak and my tummy is still sore. I can't believe how a bagel which we now think was out of date could cause such bad food poisioning!!

Comments

• wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh poor you Bubba, its awful...plenty of fluids I think water only as long as you are certain it was that bagel and not that vomiting bug or a virus as I know viruses can cause joints to really get sore.

You take care hun

Wendy xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Are you sure the bagel was to blame? What was in it? That sounds more like a bug to me and it's best to keep warm, keep sipping water and stick to a plain diet to help your poor tummy settle. I hope you feel much better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :shock: Waaaay too much info, Bubbadog. Have you been watching too many episodes of Silent Witness? Only pathologists are interested in stomach contents :)

It sounds nasty and I hope you're feeling better today. A plain bagel does sound an unlikely culprit though. There are some nasty bugs around. Keep hydrated and just nibble on a few very plain biscuits for a while.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sorry you've been sick ,I hope you're feeling better. Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'm with Sticky on the information overload, you painted quite a colourful picture there :lol:

Seriously though, I hope you are feeling better. My current remedy for stomach complaints that cured my friend on her Italian wedding day and was passed on to her by half of the small town there who seemed to have some part to play in the wedding...sip a can of coke over an hour. I keep telling people and those who listen tell me it works so there you go - it had the bride cured enough to dance and drink at the reception. Good luck and get well soon. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Sorry to hear your feeling not well..... it sounds like a virus that's been going round the country,we've had a few of the lassies off with it and hits you sudden like you describe, totally drains you for a few days as well
    Get well soon xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hope you recover soon.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Bubba sorry to hear you are unwell, by the sounds of it it has probably the bug that's doing the rounds I can't see a bagel making you that ill, hope your feeling better soon ..............tc..........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I hope you feel better soon Bubba.
    ((((()))))
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    How are you today, bubbadog?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    Hi, all well today my tummy is still very sore and doesn't like having food on it but thank goodness no more vomiting! Just the other way now!! HA HA!! Too much detail guys! :wink: I found listening and singing to music takes my mind off tummy cramps! I think you are all right it might be a tummy bug, but it's just strange it seemed to come on after a couple of hours of eatting the bagel, which my OH brought fresh off a counter rather than a packet of bagels. They hadn't been eatten the same day a couple of days of being brought so I don't know. Thank you for all the messages.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There are many odd bugs going around our area at the moment - the same everywhere I expect. Keep hydrated (that is so important) and eat a frugal, plain diet. Keep warm too! I hope you soon feel better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    There are many odd bugs going around our area at the moment - the same everywhere I expect. Keep hydrated (that is so important) and eat a frugal, plain diet. Keep warm too! I hope you soon feel better. DD

Thanks DD will do so!!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Bubba
    I'm sorry I'm only getting to this now......problems with the forum. :roll:
    No wonder you tummy is sore....all the muscles that must have been used during the vomiting. :shock:
    I personally dont think its the end of the world if you dont eat for a while...if your tummy doesnt want it dont force it.
    You must keep drinking......keep the fluids going...that is so important.
    Bless your OH.....he was so good sorting you and everything else out

Love
    Hileena