Op no.2 coming up

babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 1. Feb 2013, 15:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
As many of you know I had a TKR 14 months ago and had and still have problems with it not bending and collapsing on me. My 2nd op is booked for 11 th Feb. for a revision . Fingers crossed it all goes well this time .I am a bit nervous now, knowing whats coming and I won't get any visitors as I'm too far away for my other half to`come see me....... so better buy loads of magazines to take in with me.... Funny thing is I booked that week off work as well
Eileen

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's a shame about the visiting, Eileen. With luck, you won't be in there too long. Do what you can in the way of exercises now and be guided by your physio afterwards. I hope it all goes smoothly this time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Aww Eileen you have struggled with that knee, I will have everything crossed that is is successful and you can get on with your life..will you have a phone with internet..if so we will all keep you company.... :) it wont be long now....and I will be thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awe Eileen keeping fingers crossed it goes well for you this time, if you have phone with internet as Barbara said we will all be here for you, thats a shame about the distance.......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • babytiger
    Thanks for the support. I am going to get Pete to sort my phone out properly so that I have everything on it I need coz I'm useless at that kind of thing /
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Eileen

I sincerely hope that all goes to plan post op this time. You really have been through the mill since your TKR. You brave little soldier. Yep, magazines, phone in good working order and chocs. It will soon be over and you shall be back home.

Of course you are nervous, everyone is before an op but you are having to have an "extra" one, after a bad post op experience so you are bound to be, our lovely babytiger.

You look after yourself, this time round it will be ok,

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Sending you lots of positive thoughts Eileen and hoping that the operation goes well :).

Catie
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Gosh Eileen that's not good if it didn;t work but hopefully the revision surgery will? I can imagine you must be very nervous as its longer surgery for revision isn't it?...Where is it you are at for visitors not to come? Mind you my surgery was over 110miles away my parents clocked up 1,000 miles when I had my TKR in Oct 2012 was in for 8 days..
    Good luck..

Elainexx
    babytiger wrote:
    As many of you know I had a TKR 14 months ago and had and still have problems with it not bending and collapsing on me. My 2nd op is booked for 11 th Feb. for a revision . Fingers crossed it all goes well this time .I am a bit nervous now, knowing whats coming and I won't get any visitors as I'm too far away for my other half to`come see me....... so better buy loads of magazines to take in with me.... Funny thing is I booked that week off work as well
    Eileen
  • babytiger
    I'm being optimistic and was hoping to be out after 4 days but we will see. Hubby can't get in to see me because he is on backshift at work which means he doesn't get home till after 10pm from 1pm and visiting is in afternoon and evening. I am 50 miles from home .I am also worrying about my wee old jackrussell, she is going to be on her own all afternoon and evening till he gets home, have asked if he can change his shift pattern for 1 week but they are funny at his work.
    My work on the otherhand has been absolutely brilliant ,had a great chat with manager this morning and she basically said don't rush back, we know your a worker and come back when you ready,
    Got my appointment letter through this morning and I have to be there 7am 11th Feb. Thanks everyone for all your support it is very much appreciated. Great site and always put a smile on my face.
    Eileen
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hello Eileen. Just to say I hope the op goes well this time for you and will be thinking of you. It's a shame you won't be able to have visitors but think sometimes that is something which is unavoidable with hospitals these days. We will all be in your pocket on 11th and shall look forward to hearing how you got on. Take care. Beryl ((()))
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Eileen

I am so pleased for you taht your op is booked and is now reallly soon. I hope you can get online with your phone? If you can we will be here to support you.

I do hope that Pete can get shifts swapped for your sake and the wee doggie.

I also hope that the op is a 100% successful

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Keeping my fingers crossed that things go well.
    Its such a pity about the visiting. WEill you have TV and phone....I know they are expensive but worth it.

Love
    Hileena
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    I really hope that this revision op is going to really help you. It is horrible to think you will have no visitors. But as everyone has been saying, get on the internet. I shall have my fingers crossed for you.
    Karen xx
  • scribbler
    scribbler Member Posts: 54
    It's bad enough being in hospital but not having any visitors makes it worse.
    When I was in hospital in Lancaster a few years ago - broken wrist nothing to do with arthritis - they had a wonderful machine beside each bed where patients could pay for a day's - or a week's - TV and radio including phone calls to landlines. I was in a single room with no-one to talk to and watched more TV than I usually do in a year. The phone calls were especially useful and I didn't have to worry about getting my mobile charged. I would hope your hospital has a similar facility.
    Another feature we have are volunteers who will chat to patients without visitors. A friend of mine does this very rewarding work once a fortnight and I'm sure the patients enjoy her company. She mainly visits the long stay geriatric wards but the service may be available in other parts of the hospital. Other than that, I'd advise plenty of reading matter and a Kindle if you like that sort of thing. I'm a recent convert to e-readers hence very enthusiastic about them.
    With best wishes for the success of you op.