avascular necrosis

Options
steviet57
steviet57 Member Posts: 2
Has anyone been diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hips and had the opperation called core decompression which is basically drilling holes in the bones to fracture them with the hope that they will generate new bone growth as with any normal fracture.
any information at all would be a help because i have not got a clue except i have been told it is not a very successful procedure

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,487
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Steviet,

Thank you for your enquiry to Helplines. If you'd like to talk about your situation and receive some support you are welcome to ring us on the free phone. Within Helplines none of us have direct personal experience of the procedure you mention. If you would like to see if other forum users might have experience of that procedure you can try posting on the living with arthritis forum.

However because it's a rare condition and surgery you may find you may need to go back to the surgeon's team with some further questions.

If you do feel like you would like to talk things through, you can ring us or Private Message us on here.

I hope we can help further.

Guy