American 'reality' programmes

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 15. Feb 2013, 12:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Well they never fail to amaze me! Unfortunately my Hubby is getting addicted to them which is slightly worrying! What is this new fiend in our lives? American reality programmes!! Be it Pawn Stars, American Guns, Sons of Gus, American Pickers, Hillbilly Handfishers,Swamp people he watches them!! I have to add though in his defence, he sits there absolutely laughing his socks off at them and always asks the same question - 'where do they find these people?"

Does anyone else watch these strange American shows or is it just in my household these programme see the light of day?

Love Kate x

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thought my oh was the only one out there,he laughs his head off as well.
    The real housewives are the best comedy shows ,plastic women spending plastic money. Mig
  • katekelly
    mig wrote:
    Thought my oh was the only one out there,he laughs his head off as well.
    The real housewives are the best comedy shows ,plastic women spending plastic money. Mig

But isn't it amazing how the 'real housewives' always look good, look after their kids, have careers go out to eat every night AND have the time and energy to fall out over the silliest little things?

If they want a reality 'check' perhaps they should do a wife swap with a normal British housewife then they'd see what life is really like specially with our normal Husbands pay. I wonder when the last time was that any of them had to worry about paying a bill or praying that the boiler would hold out for another winter. And they all keep on about their careers-aren't they lucky?-many of us just have 'jobs' and are grateful to be working and bringing a wage into the home.

And do you know what? I wouldn't swap with them for the world -well maybe for the weather!!

Love Kate x
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    I'm not one for reality programmes OH watches a few but I am usually doing something else as I really can't stand most of them cos most of them dont even resemble reallity but then that's just my opinion.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    The arguing they do :shock:

They are scary people those housewives, but 'real'???? I think not :lol:

Lucy likes the sweet16 stuff though and guess who will be 16 in Dec :roll:

love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My son lives in the USA. He uses his TV only for movies. Says it's not worth paying money for US programmes.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • katekelly
    frogmorton wrote:
    The arguing they do :shock:

They are scary people those housewives, but 'real'???? I think not :lol:

Lucy likes the sweet16 stuff though and guess who will be 16 in Dec :roll:

love

Toni xxx

Oh Dear! Feeling of expensive sweet sixteen party coming on!! Then they expect eighteenth, then twenty-first!!

Having said that I'm having a fiftieth party in 2014. I've never had a birthday party as an adult so going to have one then. As my birthday is in the summer I've got to book it in the next couple of months else I won't get anywhere to hold it.

I'm inviting everyone I know so here's a date for your diaries folks July 2014 -be there or be square!!

Love Kate x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    When my son lived in America and we went to stay we watched an hour or so of tv then it never went on again in all the three weeks we were there,oops tell a lie we watched some English football that he had recorded. Mig