How do you add pictures

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Feb 2013, 10:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have noticed that quite a few people add little images,how is it done I would love to have a go,not an expert though. Mig

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi mig, I'm not an expert either but have been around forums a bit & a lot of them use the same BB code.

If you mean a picture that will appear at the bottom of every one of your posts, that's your 'signature' and you can set that up by going to User Control Panel, then to Profile, then to Edit Your Signature. Then it's the same sort of thing as avatar setup, except just click the 'Img' button and insert your image web address between the two 'tags'.

Hope that helps, just ask if I haven't explained it very well! & if I've missed something vital you need to be aware of for this forum I'm sure someone will correct me. :D For example I can see it says a 255 character limit for text sigs, but i can't see a max image size.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Toady

I am with mig on this one I can't do it either :oops:

I sort of 'get' what you are saying, but if we wanted to add a piccie of our own like a photo how does it aquire a web address?

Sorry to be dopey and sorry mig to hijack your thread

Toni xx
  • toady
    Ah, pics of your own, righto. :)

This took me a while to work out too, I wanted to get photos onto the web for ebay, so that's how I found out in the end because there are lots of articles telling you how. The same method goes for anything where you want to get a pic a web address.

What you need if you want to add your own pics is to first 'host' them on the web. There are plenty of websites for this, & I use 'Photobucket'. 'Flickr' is another very popular one (google 'image hosting' to find others). All it is, basically, is a way to have an online photo album (people use it for stuff like Facebook & for posting on forums etc too).

It's not hard to register & set up with these sites so it just depends if it's the sort of thing that appeals to you.. once registered, you just upload your picture direct from your computer & the site will make you the right code to put on here. It will have the [img]codes. You can set your virtual album to be private by the way so no-one can access your other pictures. I'm happy to go into it further, if stuck, just pipe up. :D[/img]
  • toady
    PS I just double-checked the forum FAQ:

"Can I post images?
    Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode tag."
  • frogmorton
    Thanks Toady!!

Love
    Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    trying again

th_Charleydriving422.jpg

Daisycat!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    frogmorton wrote:
    trying again

th_Charleydriving422.jpg

Daisycat!!
    Awww how lovely....is mig on about the smilies or pics...the smilies I use cosgan ones...think thats right..but at the min they wont work so maybe toady can help...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    My smilies are working today I think Barbara.

I can't help, but probaby toady can :)

Isn't she the sweetest puss-cat :wink:
  • toady
    frogmorton - lovely, I see you're all sorted. Gorgeous kitty, what a sweet face.. I can't have a cat at the moment so I'm currently 'borrowing' my neighbours :wink:g025.gif

barbara, I haven't used cosgan smilies before i don't think, but I tested them out & got the waving hello kitty above to work for me..

/edit now I see it isn't waving so I'm not sure what's up there - it was when I previewed. Hmm.
  • toady
    Further edit (gosh the edit button disappears sharpish doesn't it?) - kitty is waving on my laptop but not on my pc, so some sort of glitchy thing going on at my end of things apparently.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    toady wrote:
    Further edit (gosh the edit button disappears sharpish doesn't it?) - kitty is waving on my laptop but not on my pc, so some sort of glitchy thing going on at my end of things apparently.

I can see your kitty waving. :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • toady
    Thanks :D It is again for me now too, I blame my cranky old pc, having an on/off day it seems.
  • frogmorton
    Kitty's waving!! Glad you have a cat to 'borrow'

I wouldn't be without mine :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    http://s1252.beta.photobucket.com/user/justforme7/media/Snapbucket/26c410f4-38bf-4e49-b90c-e28f1aa5f07c.jpg.html

Yay I think this may work!! Hope so here is a photo of me ( in the silly hat) and my beautiful friend at a wedding last October. Sadly that was the last day I felt anything like 'well'.

Love Kate x
  • frogmorton
    Wow Kate

You look great just like I remember (anyone wold think it was 20 years ago not 2/3)

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Kate I do love the picture...I might try photobucket....I have used it but not for adding pics to forums....thanks x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    If I was a bloke I'd wolf whistle :D

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • katekelly
    I'm getting into this now! -this was taken 2weeks before Christmas!

Love Kate x

http://s1252.beta.photobucket.com/user/justforme7/media/Snapbucket/71454C7C.jpg.html
  • frogmorton
    Hi Kate

Not sure if you wanted to but not only is there a fabulous piccie of you but is that Ellie???

Love

Toni xx
  • katekelly
    Hi Toni,

Yes it was taken a couple of Christmas' ago she was going to a dress to impress party! And the little girl in the tree is Sarah our youngest -and I think there's one of my other half too. Only the eldest is missing but she won't let me take her photo at the moment. She has lost 6stone and is only a few lbs off her goal weight - then she will let me take a photo!

Love Kate x
  • katekelly
    Oh and I forgot there's one of us at the Olympics last year and 3years ago of me, Sarah and Bernie on the paddle steamer at Disneyland Orlando.
  • frogmorton
    Well....how fantastic - I feel like I know them all now except eldest. Well-done to her though for that weight loss!

Love

Toni xxx