Where would you rather be ?

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 20. Feb 2013, 11:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sometimes when we are going through a particular tough time we often wish we were in some other time and place,where would you be ?
I would be back 30 years ago long before arthritis and when all my children were at home ,I used to say cant wait till you lot are grown and gone now I would give anything to have those times back.Getting myself all choked up.Mig

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Nope I wouldn't change anything or time. Mind you a visit to somewhere sunny for a week or two would be nice!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    First of all, mig, ((())) as it seems like you might need some.

I think, actually, I'm with Airwave. I find nostalgia tends to edit out the bad bits.

There were some lovely times when the kids were young but, arthritically speaking, they were the worst years of my life.

I loved every minute of university but the good friends we made there are still good friends and life since then has been enriched by the whole experience.

Nope, I think here and now will do me fine.

There was a time, though, when Mr SW would have looked good in lycra if only it had been invented then :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mig...and some more of what SW has sent you ((((())) x
    I am like you and tend to live in the past, I adored having my children at home...and loved school holidays...now my GC are growing up...apart from the new baby...they are 11 and 15...so yes would like to be back then.....but on the other hand sorry this is getting complex....I have so much to be grateful for....just wish arthur would bugger off... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There are a number of places I would rather be but I'm not so have to make the best of being here. ((((())))) from me. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Just read post thru again and realised I sound a real misery ,nothing is further from the truth,humira seems to be working well and I'm better than I have been for a long while.It was meant to be light hearted ,but I will take all the hugs cos I'm a huggy sort of person .i would still have my family back home ,I love it when we are all together.So where would your fantasy place be !Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    The England changing room at Twickers. 8) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    I've been sat in there for nearly two weeks,thank goodness the wait is nearly over,got a good supply of baby oil in :shock: :lol: Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I wondered who was thighing. This dressing room's getting quite crowded. We might have to squash up a bit when the players arrive :D

Mig, I love having the family all together under one roof too. (Especially if I'm not doing the catering.) I think I may have a few sheepdog genes in me :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright