My Hips

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 1. Mar 2013, 06:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

My hips have been bothering me for a good bit now, making sleeping sore as they get pressure points on both of them letting me sleep for less than 2 hours at a time...Walking is sore too and even getting socks, undies on so had an xray about 10 days ago...It has come back clear but have been diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis.....I am now being referred for physio, then its the route of cortisone injection (ouch) and ortho appointment....
Thought had done with hospital having had knee replaced in October 2012...

Elainexx

Comments

• barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh that's bad luck, you seemed to be doing so well.
    Best wishes.
    Barry.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Sorry about the hips, Elaine, though I though I read, in one of your posts some time ago, that you had trochanteric bursitis in them.

Good that the x-ray is clear. I hope the physio and jabs help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    Barry

It is a bit of bad luck but they have probably been overcompensating from my knee when it was bad....I will manage, need to don't I?

Elainexx
    barry2013 wrote:
    Oh that's bad luck, you seemed to be doing so well.
    Best wishes.
    Barry.
  • elainebadknee

The arthur isn't in them so that has to be good news....I hope the physio and jabs help too...I hate needles...Yeuch!

Elainexx
    Sorry about the hips, Elaine, though I though I read, in one of your posts some time ago, that you had trochanteric bursitis in them.

Good that the x-ray is clear. I hope the physio and jabs help.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Elaine
    my hips are playing up too plus all other joints I think its my Inflammatory arthritis playing up
    You would think I was 90 not 49 the way i get up & huff & puff going up the stairs
    Hey I thought ATOS said we were fit :lol:
    Couple fo my friends have had hip injections saying how much it hurts but they are young & dont suffer from arthur so not used to the pain
    You will be fine & the benefits after are worth it
    Take care
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Elaine just a point, I know with your knee you have been limping could some of this be referred pain from your back..if I was you I would get that checked out just in case.
    I have had the hip injections twice..and believe me they are not bad at all...they put in anesthetic first...but if you are scared of needles then I suppose its scary for you x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Maria

Well I have had cortisone injections in my knee and they never helped me one little bit...Would imagine that the hip injections would be sorer as its not as easy to get to as a knee?
    ATOS will say im fit when I am 6feet under!

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    my hips are playing up too plus all other joints I think its my Inflammatory arthritis playing up
    You would think I was 90 not 49 the way i get up & huff & puff going up the stairs
    Hey I thought ATOS said we were fit :lol:
    Couple fo my friends have had hip injections saying how much it hurts but they are young & dont suffer from arthur so not used to the pain
    You will be fine & the benefits after are worth it
    Take care
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Barbara

It could be but without seeing someone I wouldn't know if it was referred from my back...I certainly don't get any pain in my back at all....The needle thing I am hellish with despite having had blood transfusions in hospital it doesn't get any easier for me!

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Elaine just a point, I know with your knee you have been limping could some of this be referred pain from your back..if I was you I would get that checked out just in case.
    I have had the hip injections twice..and believe me they are not bad at all...they put in anesthetic first...but if you are scared of needles then I suppose its scary for you x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry your suffering with your hips elaine, you where doing pretty good. Take care .
  • elainebadknee
    Amanda

Thanks they are sore at the moment so will see what physio treatment does?

Elainexx
    bubbadog wrote:
    Sorry your suffering with your hips elaine, you where doing pretty good. Take care .
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Elaie sorry to hear you are now having problems with your hips after doing so well after your knee op, shame you have a needle phobia i woudn't need to have one as I get needles in me every three weeks :roll: , hope the injection and physio helps......tc............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Marie

I don't think no matter how many needles I had to have, I would ever get used to them...They hurt me the doctor says she feels as if she is hurting me when she uses them on me....I suppose its swings and roundabouts with ailments, I will conquer the hips too...Knee is nearly there even knelt on it a tiny bit yesterday, it felt numb but could do it for few mins..

Elainexx
    villier wrote:
    Elaie sorry to hear you are now having problems with your hips after doing so well after your knee op, shame you have a needle phobia i woudn't need to have one as I get needles in me every three weeks :roll: , hope the injection and physio helps......tc............Marie x
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Hi Maria,
    Sorry to hear your having problems with your hips now.I do hope the injections and physio helps out .I don't mind needles but my other half is terrified of them
    Eileen
  • elainebadknee
    Did you mean me?

If so I will hate the flipping needle and it will be an ordeal but needs must!

Elainexx
    babytiger wrote:
    Hi Maria,
    Sorry to hear your having problems with your hips now.I do hope the injections and physio helps out .I don't mind needles but my other half is terrified of them
    Eileen
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    How are the hips doing?
    My injection into my toe joint didn't work it was worth a try
    I think hip injections are performed using an ultrasound scan so they can get to the right spot both my friends said it did work they had to rest for 48hrs but both work full time on a really busy ward so it didn't last as long as it should have.
    I tend to zone out when having those type of injections and imagine its happening to someone else it usually works
    I know it's hard just try not to think about it too much
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Maria

I have no idea how they do hip injections have only had two corisone shots in the knee pre op and none helped....I can't zone out am a bag of nerves as when went into hospital took my cuddly dog Muttley in for comfort....

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    How are the hips doing?
    I think hip injections are performed using an ultrasound scan so they can get to the right spot both my friends said it did work they had to rest for 48hrs but both work full time on a really busy ward so it didn't last as long as it should have.
    I tend to zone out when having those type of injections and imagine its happening to someone else it usually works
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Maria

Just had phone call from DWP saying I scored no points.....Now the battle begins they are sending it out to me to have a read and to appeal the decision.....How can I score no points?

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    How are the hips doing?
    Maria
  • maria09
    Elaine it's crazy!
    I scored 0 points but when I got my results through the post I had scored 6 points on mobility! Crazy the nurse who did mine stated I would be fit for work in 3 months not straight away as they said! What I don't understand is the person doing the assessment is not the person working out the points system! In my job if I did a medical assessment I also did the point system too! When you get your letter it should have an appeal claim form with it.
    This has to be sent to them within a month also ask to have a copy of your report from Atos! I'm really surprised you didn't get it I thought you would have been ok! But really why am I surprised really
    Keep strong if I can do it so can you!
    Pm me if you like
    Maria