RA Diagnosed

shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 1. Mar 2013, 10:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
It seems my consultant now believes I have Sero-Negative RA not that it makes any difference as the treatment will remain the same and I have a letter for the optician and housing as she was concerned the optician refused me a check up as it is under a year since my last check unless I pay and the housing has taken me off the register after 18 months as 'New Government Rules' apparently states those unemployed no longer qualify so I appealed on health grounds and have been given a letter to help as she is concerned I have to sleep on the sofa and it is now effecting my shoulders and neck.I have also been refered to physio.At least that is them being dealt with now time to get out more and get more motivation I'm getting pretty tired of feeling sorry for myself now and need to move on with it all now.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think I said somewhere before on one of your threads that a diagnosis may not change anything because the meds are the same but at least you now know what's what. It is indeed time to roll up those metaphorical sleeves and get on with things. We did it (and are doing it) and you can too. Good luck - we're with you, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Yes, the treatment will remain the same but a label does always feel helpful. The sleeping on the sofa doesn't sound good, though. I'm sure I'd be aching everywhere if I had to do that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi shandy, how are you feeling about things today? DD
  • shandy4greenday
    My son took me out today had quite a good day but then when I got home felt down again but I'm just wondering if maybe I'm getting a bit of depression or maybe because of me dieting it's the wrong time as I used to bake everyday and now I don't because of my diet as I can't enjoy my baking as much plus because of my hands but I now have a stand mixer to help for that. I really need something to lift me I do go out sometimes but as soon as I'm home again I feel down again I am ok with my tablets I am slowly getting used to it now I have gone from hardly ever wanting to take 1 tablet for a headache to 51 a week with hydroxy yet to come so maybe its just adjusting,I had a bit of an upset tummy on Tuesday afternoon for few hrs but it passed and so far been ok with Methotrexate other than the upset tummy.Hope you have not been too bad and thankyou for asking how I am doing I'm sure I will get there.I also got my appointment for Physio and my optitian tomorrow I think I just need a good holiday and want the summer to arrive.Sorry I hope I haven't put a downer on you now.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello shandy4greenday
    There are so many ups and down with arthritis, I do think that this can be has bad if not worse than the pain...you do need to do things you enjoy..I know its not ideal when trying to diet...**** law eh...maybe you could try a new hobby...I have just started painting...Im not very good by my goodness do I forget about my pain....
    Has for taking AD there are quite a few on these on this forum sometimes just to get them over a rough patch.
    Dont you apologise for being down...it is not your fault and talking about it will really help you..you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Hey Shandy

I'm not surprised you feel down - you have huge amounts going on. Not many could deal with it as well as you seem to so dont forget that. Arthritis does like to mess with your head as well as your body. Just keep coming here and we will listen and support you. I too have a sero neg arthritis, or that's it's polite name :lol:

LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • shandy4greenday
    Thankyou all, I have a cake course I'm going to on Saturday so will be out all day it's local so wont need to travel far maybe that will do me some good and hopefully it might get me back in the mood of my baking again.If I still feel the same by the time my next rhuematology in couple weeks ill mention it but I am just hoping I can get myself sorted myself.I have my Challenging Arthritis course that I am also attending with AC so fingers crossed that will help me too.
  • dreamdaisy
    It is indeed a big shift from nought to fifity-one but, if those fifity-one enable you to get on with things, that's OK. I reckon that very few people have the lives they want from birth to death, I am sure that the vast majority make adjustments all the way through (and maybe without realising, lucky s*ds) but for some of us it isn't that easy. The number and kinds of meds are immaterial - the quality of life is what counts. DD
  • shandy4greenday
    Thankyou I am having a better day today despite the opticians but on a whole much better x