Date for op

JanO
JanO Member Posts: 34
edited 10. Mar 2013, 14:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I have just had a date for my HR 11.3. I'm in shock as I only found out I needed op 2 weeks ago, I'm lucky I'm off to a private hospital nearby as they are taking a few nhs patients, any advice for my stay in hospital welcome x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    There's a thread higher up the page about hospital tips. I usually find all I need's a good book. The rest of the time is spent doing exercises and recovering from doing exercises :roll: I hope you have a hassle-free stay and a great new hip.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • JanO
    Thank you, I'm looking forward but anxious x
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Best of luck with op JanO it will soon be over and done with.I have no experience with hips but have had both knees replaced.It is only natural to be anxious just make sure you do exercises after and look on this op as a way of improving your life.x
  • stickywicket
    One thing, JanO. Make sure you get good physio follow-up. Don't let them discharge you with no follow-up appt with a physio.
    Steven Wright
  • JanO
    Thank you, I'm going for my pre op assessment tomorrow, I'm feeling less anxious now and just looking forward to a better future, fingers crossed,
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    All the best and all I can say is, if you have family, then you take your time, get well rested. You are doing the right thing. I had mine replaced nearly 2 years ago now, and the new hip has settled in nicely now. So this is the best thing for you.
    Karen xx
  • JanO
    Well I'm all packed and ready for tomorrow, I am a little less anxious now and really just want the op to be over. my hubby and daughters 14 and 18 have been great so far. My problem at the moment is I have developed a pain in my shoulder which is running down the back of my upper are, it's the hand/arm I use to help me get up out of bed etc I'm now a little worried about using crutches with it. Thank you for your replies x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I hope all goes well.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Just tell them about it so's they know. I'm sure the physios will sort you out. Mine's RA so I can never use crutches anyway. I start off on a gutter frame, move onto a zimmer and soon ditch that once I'm home. I hope all goes well.
    Steven Wright
  • Milly8
    Milly8 Member Posts: 114
    Good luck with your op and hope all go's well .
    Bye for now
    Milly
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    OMG thats quick, I'm off to my first consultant appt tomorrow, likewise at a private hosptial who take nhs patients. Hope they dont want me in that quick I'm going on holiday in at Easter. Good luck with your op, hope all goes well.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello Jan
    I do wish you well with your op, I am still working up to mine..just trying to get my back sorted first....like the others have said make sure you have all the info you need on discharge....there are some brilliant site on the net preparing for a THR....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • JanO
    Hi krisbe,
    Yes it was very quick,I went to my local nhs hospital for my 1 st orthopeadic appointment, and was told there was a 4 to 6 month waiting list. So I was expecting it to be the summer time, but got a call a week later from a nearby private hospital and had my pre op assessment the following day.