Work focused interview

gilly1957
gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
edited 1. Mar 2013, 13:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Dreading tomorrow, work focused interview at job center. :(

It's with a new adviser who I haven't seen before.

Who would want to employ a 55 year old with OA in lumber spine and both knees, and poorly qualified to boot (1 o level and 5 gcse's, NNEB qualified but it is out dated and a qualified swimming teacher, but don't think I could manage that now) when there are so many well qualified younger people looking for work.

I really dread being made to go on a work placement.

Also I sent my medical form back to ATOS in early November and have heard nothing since, but still getting paid my ESA. Maybe I will find out tomorrow what is going on with that!!!

Comments

• shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I used to have these when I was on income support before I was put on job seekers and from what I remember they don't actually tell you that you have to work they are just an informative for if you wish to return to work and what your options are unless they have changed in the last couple of years that's how they used to be for me so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope it went well and wasn't as bad as feared.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Well thats over..

been put on the work program ,got to wait for appointment, but bsaically as I'm on ESA wrag I cant be made to do work.

Think they do it to play with the numbers!!!

I passed my medical just on the forms I sent back....thats a relief no medical this time :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Gilly you should be able to rest easy tonight...its awful how they have people jumping through hoops...they should be doing more to help people like you .not causing stress xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, Gilly! At least it's over.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright