Magnetic Plasters.

LolaCrayola
LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
edited 4. Mar 2013, 16:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone had any experience of this latest wonder? I have burned myself with heat patches in an attempt to distract from my chronic pain. Of course, I still stick with conventional medicine. They are £14.99 for 12, lasts 12 weeks. Opinions welcome. Should I keep my money?

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I personally think you should save your money
    In my experience thins like that are just a gimic and dont work well not for me but maybe others have different experiences
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You won't know 'til you try. If you have a pacemaker, however, then no as magnet therapy is inappropriate. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LolaCrayola
    So far I have tried copper bracelet, glucosamine, tumeric, TENS, heat pads, electric heat pads, rubs. Surprise! No effect. It seems like the market to the desperate is a wide one.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ah yes, been there, done that, spent loads of money and STILL stuff hurt. :roll: These are only temporary relievers, the adverts are always carefully worded with the qualifiers such as might and could, and as for the 'rave'reviews? Don't get me started! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LolaCrayola
    I feel obliged to post. I went and bought a bioflow product, because it had a 90 day guarantee. I fully expected nothing, everything else as failed. After years of chronic pain, you sort of get used to it. Something is happening. No one more surprised than me, my need for painkillers has dropped. I had my first good days of 2013. I'm giving it 90 days. My pain is neuropathic, with the others thrown in. So, am cautious. We'll see. It is truly bizarre.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi LC

Just read your post you are saying your pain is neuropathic have you tried Lidocaine patches? if you haven't you could speak to your Doc about them they are worth a try...................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Lola everyone's different..but I have the lumber back belt with I think 12 magnets in...and its a well known brand..but to be honest it hasn't worked...
    Love
    Barbara
  • LolaCrayola
    barbara12, I am sure you are right. I will give it the full 90 days, then get my money back if it fails to deliver.

Lidocaine patches, where would they go? My pain is referred, sounds interesting. Thank you.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry LC

Didn't realise it is refered pain you were talking about, I got tried on them due to my sensory nerves being damaged in hands. feet and a few other places, I tried them on my hands and feet unfortunately they didn't work for me but I know people that they did work for, if you have damaged nerves it would be worth having a go, speak to your Doc about them although I got them through a pain clinic I was attending at the time...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    A few years ago while working in care I got some bad back trouble and would wake in agony which resulted in more pain if I slept in a bed.I went away to Eastbourne to visit family for a week and was unable to sleep on the sofa and had no choice but a bed.For the first 2 days I was in complete agony and decided to visit boots while I was there to see what they could suggest,they offered me these plasters with magnets in them,I thought it was very weird and I had never heard of them and wondered how they would likely help,anyway I thought what was worse putting up with the pain or giving them a try so I brought some,well I had the best sleep over the next couple of nites and heard about the magnetic braclets and thought for long term that might work and decided to give it a try even though quite expensive,it was the best descision I ever did and helped me greatly I used it for 2 years while I was in care and no longer needed it after I left.I found they worked for me but everyone is different but I would recommend if you are gonna try them purchase them from Boots not from a cheap supplier as some cheap suppliers do now work the same,hope this helps.Good Luck Sharon x
  • LolaCrayola
    Thank you to everyone.