Tendon attack

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 18. Mar 2013, 08:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
I wish it did confine itself to specific bits of the body :roll: Mine's everywhere. I don't think it specifically attacks tendons (I could be wrong. Often am) but the tendons do get affected. I don't know at what stage though.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    it does sometimes , mostly get it when my CRP is up high , you can get some anti-inflammatory gel to put on it like ketoprofen gel which helps
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This can happen but it doesn't mean that the anti TNF etc is not working - things will settle again and I hope sooner rather than later. Rest as much as you can, that is important with an auto-immune flare. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry to hear your suffering unsure, rest up and hope it eases soon, enjoy your duvet days!!
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    had a nice flare last year because of coming off steriods & endded having to take low dose because every time I try coming off get a flare , could not walk or drive or anything realy

you could get your GP to give you a steriod injection , would help you get through it & maybe settle down & maybe get your drugs reveiwed afterwards

hope it settles soon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi unsure
    Sorry you are suffering..I cant help with any advice appart form rest...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear! That doesn't sound good at all. In fact, the only good thing is that you'll be seeing your consultant on Monday. I hope things are as good as possible until then and that he/she comes up with a plan.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you get things sorted out on Monday Unsure, keeping fingers crossed for you that your flare settles down to bearable until then..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ah, that would explain the flare then. Wouldn't it be good if these meds worked for ever? :roll: I hope the steroids help to ease the worst of the symptoms for you and that life becomes more comfortable. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben