Another newbie

Karenb1956
Karenb1956 Member Posts: 11
edited 23. Mar 2013, 04:47 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all my name is Karen I am a 57 year old (I whispered that bit :lol: ) gp receptionist and was diagnosed with avn approx 5 years ago after originally breaking my shoulder in 2006
I am sure I will be posting lots of questions and look forward to getting answers straight from the horses mouth !

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support; my first question is what is 'avn'? I only have PsA and OA. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Welome to the forum Karen, lovely to meet you, it's ok I am a year older no need to whisper :wink: I have OA and a neurological condition, I'm afraid I am the same as DD what is avn?, I have only been around for about six months and have had so much support and kindness I am so glad I joined, we mostly hang about LWA and chit-chat, we can have a lot of laughs as well so it's not all doom and gloom, hope to see you around............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Karenb1956
    Karenb1956 Member Posts: 11
    Hi dreamdaisy and villier thanks for the welcome
    Avn is avascular necrosis so my shoulder joint basically looks life a loofah where the bone is slowly but surely dying
    I am hoping to hook up with fellow sufferers as I have tons of questions :?:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello Karen
    And a warm welcome from me...there is lots of information on this forum...and also we do like to support one another....hope you stay and look forward to you posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you for defining AVN, I must confess I've not heard of it and I'm not sure how many people on here have it. Is it on the arthritic spectrum somewhere? I hope we will still be able to help with support even if we can't do the 'info' bit! I hope you have a good week-end. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Aha!!! Someone did have that - who was it?? Mmm..... sure it was her foot though.

Anyway Karen

Welcome to the forums from me :) Tis lovely to meet you

Love

Toni xx