Hi

Claire38
Claire38 Member Posts: 42
edited 27. Mar 2013, 16:50 in Say Hello Archive
Hi. My name is Claire. I am 38. My diagnosis is spondylitis and psoriasis related enthesiopathy/probably psoriatic arthritis. I have psoriasis of my scalp, and of my nails (with nail changes). It has taken me a long time to get this diagnosis. I have a lot of pain in most of my joints, including permanent costochondritis. I am a nurse, and some how at the moment I just about manage to carry on running around a busy ward, with the help of pain killers and determination!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope the forum will be useful for you. I have PsA plus OA, I take meth, sulph and humira for the former, anti-inflammatories and pain dullers for the latter. I began aged 37 (I am now 54) and just about managing to work but not like you, I'm self-employed so can tailor things to suit me and my ever-decreasing energies. Well done to you for carrying on with your work - you must have determination in spades! :) I wish you wsell and look forward to seeing your name here and there around the forum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Claire its lovely to have you on board only sorry you had to look for us in the first place..
    You will lots of information on here and be able to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through...so I do look forward to seeing you posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Claire

it's lovely to meet you. I do hope the forums will help you as much as they have helped me over the years.

Well done for keeping up your nursing. Go you :D

Love

Toni xx
  • Claire38
    Claire38 Member Posts: 42
    Thank you all for your kind welcome. I look forward to joining in on the discussions in the forum.

It is good to have contact with people who are going through similar things, although of course I wish none of us were.

Claire x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Too right Claire, but on the plus side we DO have each other. I hope you'll join us on some of the other forums?

Love

Toni xxx