better but tired

Options
lizzy100
lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
edited 31. Mar 2013, 08:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
I increased my methotrexate a few weeks back. and it took a few weeks but since then my joints have been better. i wouldnt say perfect but i havnt really been limping at all and can manage most things. if im on my feet/walking about alot at work my legs will hurt though.
But im so tired all the time and in the evenings i just cant move off the sofa and feel like i want to go to bed early. My iron levels were checked a little while ago coz thats what usually makes me tired, but thy were fine, so i think it must be the methotrexate :roll:

Comments

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi lizzy , when I started RA years ago was the same even before starting Meth , have you tried Amitriptyline , does help , ask your GP
  • ELAINE55555
    ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Who knows Lizzy? I too am on Mtx. I,m on maximum dose 25g( by injection for the last 5 months), and what a difference its made to my joints. I also am very tired by early evening. I, like you also work full time, so maybe its that, it could be the mtx, or it could simply be the RA. The way I see it, things could be much much worse. Take care.
  • joanne66
    joanne66 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, i too am on meth have been for 2 years(ish) i also work full-time, and yes i get tired, after all we have RA. if i come from work and am tired i have a nap....after 30 mins (it used to be an hour or so in bed) i'm good to go.
    i'm feeling more alert now and not as tired, so give yourself time.
    jo
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    I dont have RA. Im sure its the methotrexate though. Yea it could be worse, at least the joints are a bit better for now. its interesting your on 25mg, because i had to struggle to get them to increase it to 17.5. do you think injections make you less tired?
    Iv tried amiptryptiline in the past and couldnt take it because it just knocked me out and made me more tired. literally couldnt get up in the morning. tried all the others too. its not that im not sleeping or that im depressed. i have been on the methotrexate since october last year. :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello lizzy
    I am glad its helping your joints...but the tiredness must be awful...I have noticed that quite a few on Meths suffer from tiredness...hopefully things will improve very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm pleased the increased Meth is helping your joints. I think the Arthritis itself, can be the cause of tiredness. I hope things improve for you very soon.
    Take care,
    Numpty