Core decompression

Karenb1956
Karenb1956 Member Posts: 11
edited 8. Apr 2013, 14:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone had this done and does it work?

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Is is your hip that is causing problems or another joint?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry I haven't heard of this....is it something to do with the spine :?: x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Karenb1956
    The problem is my shoulder joint where I have osteonecrosis id the bone is dyjng and core decompression is where they drill into the diseased bone in the hope that blood flow will be reestablished and the bone will regrow
  • elnafinn
    Hi Karen

I do not know of anyone who has had this done, I am sorry. I did ask the Moderators if they thought it may be a good idea to move your posting to the Living with Arthritis Zone but I never got a reply from them and nor was your posting moved there. That would be a more appropriate zone for this type of question to be asked.

Perhaps you could copy and paste your message from the ChitChat zone to the Living with Arthritis zone and hopefully more people will see it and perhaps be able to advise. If you can give as much information as possible that may be helpful too.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Hi Karen

I do not remember this being discussed on the forum before.

I have read that osteonecrosis of the hip has been researched more thoroughly and is therefore better understood than osteonecrosis of the shoulder. Most of the information regarding osteonecrosis of the humeral head is concluded from the research findings of the disorder of the hip. The major difference between osteonecrosis of the hip and osteonecrosis of the humeral head is that the shoulder bears less weight than the hip.

I do hope someone can help you. You could always call the helplines, the number is at the top of the page.

Elna x

• Karenb1956
    Ok Elna thanks very much for the info