msbt therapy

Options
stevew
stevew Member Posts: 25
edited 26. Apr 2013, 13:28 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all.
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I break any rules. I am also known for putting my foot in it verbally so apologies in advance if I do.
I am about to start a course of treatment for accident induced OA of the hip. It is 9 sessions and is costing £900. I have been assessed and I must say I found the practice to be very helpful and the physio has got to be one of the best I have come across. I will keep the forum appraised of the results as time goes on. if anyone has any questions at any time please feel free to ask away.
Setting out I am not hopeful but that is probably just the cynic in me. The practice had an answer for most questions apart from one. That was why do companies like BUPA not recognise this as a treatment. If it costs 10k for a new hip why would they not want to invest in a treatment that costs 10% of that figure. They said it was early days and BUPA was looking into the treatment. I will keep you posted
Steve

Comments

• stevew
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello to all. the object of the posting was to make people aware that a therapy which is quite new and in comparison to most other treatments is relatively cheap and was going to be tried out. if it works then fine but if not I will be able to let others know this.
    Steve
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Some of us longer-standing members do know about it. Someone on here tried it and had very little success (I think this was last year). If you do a search on the Living With Arthritis part of the forum his thread about it should pop up.

I hope you have more success than he. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stevew
    Options
    Hi, I did look at the post and did note that he did not have a lot of joy with the treatment. My thoughts were that as I am in a very early stage with only one way to go the possibility that it might work was worth the chance. i will let you know how it works out and if it fails then it fails but at least we will know.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If you are in the early stages (and therefore possibly not affected too badly) then you may stand a better chance of success. It's a common point on here that what works for will not necessarily do so for another, I think this will surely also apply to msbt, Apostherapy etc. My PsA and resulting OA is far too well-established for anything but drugs and surgery but I hope you gain some benefit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    It was Sturge wasn't it?

He was at a reasonably early stage too and quite young. He does still look in so might be worth adding to his thread - he may have it set up so he gets notifications then you can actually 'talk' to him.

There was a lass too wasn't there DD?

WELCOME Steve
  • stevew
    Options
    hi all. Well I have completed my first week of MBST and at the moment the pessimistic side of me is still strong. No real signs of improvement but it is very early days. i will keep you posted
    Steve