Hi all. I'm new & have some cross over medical problems.x

Options
DebbieT
DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
edited 15. Jun 2013, 12:45 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there,

I'm Debbie, I'm nearly 43 & have been happily married for 25+ years We have 4 children Samantha 25, Gary 22, Steph 19 & Nicole 18 yrs. We also have a nearly 3 year old Grandson who is the biggest joy & we are expecting our 2nd Grandchild in November, so excited

On my 25th birthday I had tonsililltus (sp?) & got sunburned, this kick started severe Plaque Psoriasis, Psoriasis is in my maternal family. After a number of years of odd pains around my body & swelling in my ankles I was referred to the RNHRD in Bath. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis & Psoriatic Arthritis, 2 years later my Rheumatologist also diagnosed Fibromyalgia.

I used to work as a voluntary netball coach at a Primary School, I worked as a Barmaid & my main job was as a Gymnastic Club Coach. Unfortunately I can no longer work & am on Dla.
My husband is severely disabled due to Neurologists giving him contraindicated meds which has caused severe nerve end damage, his health continues to deteriorate & he seems to have a another new diagnosis added every year.

Its hard work but I try to plod on :D

I look forward to getting to know you & hope for some great advice & support

Many thanks

Debbie.x
Healing Hugs
Debbie.x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, our paths have already crossed but I hadn't seen your post here, I do apologise.

I'm DD, happily married for fifteen years to 'im indoors, have no children by choice and have PsA thanks to my father's side of the family (Ma was content with passing on only asthma and eczema). Health-wise life has rarely been good, fun or easy but then who said it should be?

Your hands are full indeed not only with your health concerns but those of your husband too - poor chap, that is a nasty lot with which to deal. I too claim DLA but I am able to work (after a fashion) as a self-employed tutor for dyslexics.

I've been on the meds since 2002 but they came too little too late to make that much of a difference. No matter, that water has long-flowed under numerous bridges and it's up to me to make the best of what I can. Being on here helps with that and I hope you too find the forum a good place. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Hi DD :)

Sorry, I had no idea you'd posted on here!! U must've thought I was so ignorant :?

Yeah life likes to make things as hard as possible for some of us but as I said ... I plod on! :)

I'd had our children by the time I was 24 years old so had NO idea wot I may pass on to them. So far, fingers crossed, it's only asthma & eczema to our 19 yr old. Our last 3 are all Lactose intolerant tho & we were told this could be due to our health issues. Hubby also gets severe Hayfever & is extremely allergic to wasp & bee stings, he's been brought back to life a couple of times, Scary!! :(

I think the decision you made is courageous, I'm not sure I'd have been able to pass up having children even with wot I now know ... Selfish eh? :?

It's been great getting to read & learn so much & also commenting wen I've thought I'd have something relevant to add. My time is quite limited tho as I run a support group forum for Fm/Cfs/Lupus etc as well as a private one on Facebook. Im better at trying to help than asking for it ... Silly but true.Lol

Ure job sounds really satisfying, I'd Imagine tho hard work it's worth the effort :D x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Debbie

sorry I am late on welcoming you too :) Tis lovely to meet you and well-done for 25 years of marriage :)
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Thank you Toni :D x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    OMG Debbie, this is me to a tee , apart from the kids bit. Im now back on the is it PA again and have started Humira for the skin which is helping the stiffness. Its mad how the different consultants like to change diagnosis. I think its to do with budgets myself but as long as I get the right treatment its all I care about.

Good luck and welcome. Im not about much but do keep an eye.

Take care xx
    DebbieT wrote:
    Hi there,

I'm Debbie, I'm nearly 43 & have been happily married for 25+ years We have 4 children Samantha 25, Gary 22, Steph 19 & Nicole 18 yrs. We also have a nearly 3 year old Grandson who is the biggest joy & we are expecting our 2nd Grandchild in November, so excited

On my 25th birthday I had tonsililltus (sp?) & got sunburned, this kick started severe Plaque Psoriasis, Psoriasis is in my maternal family. After a number of years of odd pains around my body & swelling in my ankles I was referred to the RNHRD in Bath. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis & Psoriatic Arthritis, 2 years later my Rheumatologist also diagnosed Fibromyalgia.

I used to work as a voluntary netball coach at a Primary School, I worked as a Barmaid & my main job was as a Gymnastic Club Coach. Unfortunately I can no longer work & am on Dla.
    My husband is severely disabled due to Neurologists giving him contraindicated meds which has caused severe nerve end damage, his health continues to deteriorate & he seems to have a another new diagnosis added every year.

Its hard work but I try to plod on :D

I look forward to getting to know you & hope for some great advice & support

Many thanks

Debbie.x
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Hi Clare,

I can only apologize for not replying b4 now. I keep forgetting about the rest of the site, sorry :?

I've never had my arthritis diagnoses changed from PsA & OA, thankfully, coz I'd get really annoyed at being messed about!!Lol I think the damage caused by tendons & ligaments to my hip bone was pretty distinctive to PsA.

I've had another diagnosis since I posted this. I have a 1 1/2 cm cyst on the Pineal Gland in my brain. Gotta laugh tho it was a worry!! They found a lot of dead brain too, I'm not surprised by that tho.Ha ha Chronic pain can cause brain damage so can smoking & so many other things.

I hope they stick to a diagnosis for you soon but I'm glad the treatment is working anyway :) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x