WRAG appeal

tailspin
tailspin Member Posts: 6
edited 19. Apr 2013, 12:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had RA for over 30 yrs and not worked for over 20. Been placed in WRAG even though I have medical report when O left work stating that my illness is degenerative,won't get better and that working will agravate it and make me worse. Is this evidence for an appeal ?

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    edited 25. Mar 2013, 12:55
    When does your report date back to, tailspin? Who is the report from (GP, consultant etc). Have the DWP seen it already, did you submit any medical evidence with your ESA50.

Do you have the paperwork relating to your medical assessment that will tell you where you scored your points? What you need is evidence to back you up in disagreeing with their decision, so you need to find where you think they have given you too little points & why they haven't put you in Support Group. Then you can put together any medical reports that will support you in those areas in particular, ie if you disagree with how far they have said you can walk, or how long you can sit/stand etc.

edit. There is a regulation relating to ESA that applies to people whose health would be at risk of deteriorating if placed in the WRAG; it is a bit complicated and you would probably need to seek further advice, but it is worth knowing about.
    http://www.thefedonline.org.uk/disability-in-the-news/two-regulations-could-hold-the-key-to-winning-esa-appeals
  • tailspin
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I sent all my consultants reports and those that my employer paid for regarding my leaving work. Can't believe that they have a report saying that work would be detrimental to my condition and then still put me in the WRAG. Also since My ESA50 (Dec 2012) I have started anti TNF as my disease is out of control. I phoned DWP and they said send letter asking for reconsideration of decision. Have done this but not heard anything yet. They have acknowledged receipt of my request.
  • toady
    You may still get a positive result from your reconsideration.. it's worth maybe looking at the above link I edited in, in case you do come to appeal, and if you have a helpful GP.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi tailspin and welcome to the forum
    Sorry I cant help..but I just want to say good luck with your appeal.
    Love
    Barbara
  • tailspin
    Hooray !!!!

I have been placed in the support group. Only took a couple of months thank goodness I didn't have to go to a full appeal. My letter asking for my case to be reconsidered worked. Good luck to anyone else trying to get their decision altered.
  • toady
    Good for you tailspin :D glad to hear the reconsideration was enough to get your decision changed. V pleased for you & good luck to those still in the middle of appeals etc, something to cheer them on eh.