Hospital Rant.............. Got a £100 charge for forgetting

jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 28. Apr 2013, 03:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Everyone , Hope you are not in to much pain. I have not posted for a while but I do follow all your posts. I had to post this rant I am so upset. I went to the hospital to see my dad after he had an operation. I parked in a disabled parking bay but in my hurry to get in to see my dad I forgot to display my badge . I went every day for a week each time it cost me £3.80 a couple of days I went twice so they got well paid for parking .
I would'nt mind there is nothing to gain from parking in the bay only that my car has a ramp for the wheelchair so I need a little more room.
One month later I have got a charge of £100.00, I am so annoyed it is terrible they are charging that amount . I am going to fight this if i can it is to much money for a small mistake I cant afford to pay such a large amount, as this happened to anyone else ? .....jilly x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Jilly that is awful and I know how mad you must feel at the min...its not has though you haven't paid for gods sake...you appeal and let them know how often you have had to go to hospital to see your dad..I do hope you win it....good luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jilly
    thanks Barbara , I am really upset about it , £100 is far to much to have to pay for just forgetting to put the badge on the dashboard . I have never forgot before but was upset about my Dad .I will never forget again , expensive lesson ............jilly x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Jilly appeal

I appealed once when I got a ticket using my Mum's and a friend did whose was face down and another who's had fallen off the dash.

Please try and do let us know how you get on.

Love

Toni xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    That is awful. You go ahead a appeal. In our road because we live in the main town is mostly double yellow lines. Hubby has a blue badge and for one day, he forgot to put it the right way up and got a ticket.

So you fight for it. And you let us know how it goes.
    Karen xx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Hope you win your appeal Jilly.

Hospital parking is a nightmare my way. Had to go for an x-ray yesterday and we drove round and round three times before we spotted a space. There were so many drivers looking for a space that in the event there was a traffic jam resulting in gridlock.

It's not just hospitals though. My neighbour went to T---- Homestores but wasn't sure of the size of whatever it was she wanted when she got there, so she popped home, measured up and went to the store and purchased said item. She got a ticket for returning within 2 hours with a £60 fine. She honestly had not spotted the sign which said "no return in 2 hours allowed".

Janet x
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Have a look at www.HonestJohn.co.uk/ he's the motoring writer for the Saturday Telegraph, he has a page on dealing with parking charge 'fines' in private places.

They can't 'fine' you because only a court can do that, anyrate have a look, it'll help you deal with the hospital charge.

I delved a bit deeper, there is loads of stuff in the frequently asked section.
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/private-parking-penalties/
  • jilly
    Hi everyone , thought i would let you know i got a letter back from the parking firm saying they would let me off, they said I was still in the wrong but would let it go this time. I am so relieved not to have to pay it but still think it is wrong to charge this amount of money for a mistake. Thanks for all your help . jilly xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    That is good news. They don't usually let it go if they think you are in the wrong and they can get some money out of you.

My Dad once got a ticket while going to the meter to pay for his parking as you do. He had my 2 brothers with him and cannot believe they didn't punch the jobsworth! He went to court to fight it but they insisted he had only bought a ticket when he returned from the shops and saw the parking attendent looking at his car.

No CCTV in those days,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    jilly wrote:
    Hi everyone , thought i would let you know i got a letter back from the parking firm saying they would let me off, they said I was still in the wrong but would let it go this time. I am so relieved not to have to pay it but still think it is wrong to charge this amount of money for a mistake. Thanks for all your help . jilly xx

Well now that is GOOD news :D

take care

love

Toni xxx