From Sclerodermia to PolyArthitis...

Options
IvelinPanchov
IvelinPanchov Member Posts: 2
edited 29. Apr 2013, 07:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Dear All,

My mother 49 years old and two years ago the put in Bulgaria diagnose "Sclerodermi", then we gone to Germany - Munchen and They did not put any diagnose. When we came back to Bulgaria the health condition of (my mother) was not affected by painkillers witch was given. That is way we started treatment given by Bulgarian doctor:

From 08.2012 to 11.2012 - Methotrexate 17.5 mg per week ; Folic acid 3x times of 0.3 mg per day ; Diklofenak Duo 2 times per day and one per week Flosteron one time per month .
Under effected of Flosteron my mother has better health condition for that period of time.

From 11.2012 to 01.2013 - Methotrexate 10 mg per week ; 0.250 mg Resochin ; Folic acid and then we decreased Methotrexate 7 mg per week

After that health condition of my mother became worse, same like before first treatment.

That is way we took decision to gone to Switzerland - University Hospital of Zurich. We made test there and base of results they gave to my mother diagnose "Psoriatic polyarthritis" and treatment with medicine HUMIRA.

We would like to ask what is your opinion of treatment with medicine HUMIRA, we read on the Internet and the side effects are really bad ?..

Could you recommend us the best hospital or the best medicine ?

Thank you in advanced!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello. It’s good to meet you though I’m sorry you had to find us. Auto-immune forms of arthritis can be difficult to diagnose so your mother’s story is not an unusual one.

I have rheumatoid arthritis. I’ve had it for many years and it’s well controlled with methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine so I’ve never needed humira or any other of the anti-tnf medications though, if I did need it, I'd take it without hesitation. Many on here do take it and, as with all the meds, there are mixed results. It works well for some and not others. We are all different in how we respond.

The side effects of any of the meds for the auto-immune forms of arthritis can sound very bad but, fortunately, most people don’t get them. Also we are all well-monitored with regular blood tests while we are on them so that any problems can be identified quickly and dealt with. We have to bear in mind that, untreated, arthritis can also be a very nasty disease.

I think what you really want is information on humira. If that’s the case it might be better to put that as the title of your thread as then it will attract those who are on it. I hope you get some information which helps you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright