Hello and thank you

HARPER04
HARPER04 Member Posts: 34
edited 8. May 2013, 06:25 in Say Hello Archive
hello I am new to the forum
This is difficult for me to do this as I don't find it easy to open to people so I am just going to dive in I have had arthritis for about 10 years now and over that time it has got steadily worse I have in most of my back and in both my hips I recently had a DEXA scan and been told that I have Osteopenia more medication called Alendronic acid tablets 70mg along with the Oxycondone and Oxycontin tablets Diazepam for the arthritic pain and other tablets for my Diabetes I am pretty miserable I have also had the delight of having my DLA and Incapacity benefit challenged which I attended an ATOS assessment and a Disability Tribunal and if anybody out there is having to do either make sure you know your stuff and get help from the Citizens Advice Bureau of which I cannot speak to highly of they were outstanding ! just in case you were wondering the out come was in my favour both times
Just when I thought thing could get no worse my shoulder, hands and ankle are now also showing signs of arthritis I have to be honest I don't want to go to the Doctors I cant take any more bad news
If you are reading this thank you for your time I just needed to get things off my chest

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. I have two forms of arthritis, an auto-immune caled psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and OA triggered by PsA joint damage. It's not fun. :wink: I am now in my seventeenth year of it.

I take a fair few meds but the only one I 'share' with you is alendronic acid (I don't take it any more). With the osteopenia diganosis this is an essential med and I hope you get on with it OK. There are quite a few on here with osteopenia and osteoporosis - if you post again on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum I am sure they will introduce themselves (not many look in on here).

I wish you well and look forward to seeing your name here and there around the forum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Harper :D

It's lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forums. Glad you braved jumping straight in with us....I was far less brave and peeped in for ages :oops:

I am so glad you have battled and won your benefit claims and know your input will really spur those on who are battling now and in future.

Hope to see you arpund :)

Toni xxx