Hi

fionamac
fionamac Member Posts: 4
edited 16. May 2013, 16:08 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

I have had psoriatic arthritis since I was a teenager and it has been well controlled with anti tnf treatment as well as methotrexate for about 4 years now which has been great. I then thought the treatment was becoming ineffective as I was experiencing pain and stiffness in my knees. The outcome is that I have now been diagnosed with OA. I am now on as much pain relief as I can safely manage aswell as continuing on enbrel/methotrexate.
To complicate things even more I am in the process of moving to a different health board area /doctor etc so am a wee bit concerned and anxious about the transition period until I can be seen by a new Rheumatologist.
Apart from that life is good! :D

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I too have the wonderful combo of PsA and OA, the former for seventeen years and the latter for at least five. My meth and humira (my final anti TNF) are controlling the PsA but far too late for any real benefit to be experienced. No matter, I live in hope that they are preventing any fruther damage.

I have not had to do the moving thing - we are hoping to move at some point but I am insisting that we stay in the 'catchment' area for my hospital. I wish you luck and I hope you find a good rheumatologist once you're settled. DD

PS I forgot to say that it's nice to meet you - it is!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi fionanmac, welcome to the forum you have come to a great place there are a lot of wonderful informative and very supportive people on here.

I can imagine the anxiety about the move and different doctors, hospitals etc hopefully it will all settle quickly, lovely to meet you hope to see you around.............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • fionamac
    Thanks for the welcome - hello to you both :D

I am lucky in that I have had such a good relationship with both my GP and consultant so any change is going to be a challenge. Along with that I have to find a new job - not easy when I am restricted by my condition. My present employers have also been very supportive.
    Apart from that I am looking forward to a new chapter in my life!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello and welcome from me, too.

Have you thought of asking your current consultant/GP if they can recommend anyone? A teaching hospital should be a good bet.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Fiona

A very quick welcome to the forums from me. Busy times ahead for you then?

Let's hope the transition/s are smooth

love

Toni xx
  • fionamac
    Hello and welcome from me, too.

Have you thought of asking your current consultant/GP if they can recommend anyone? A teaching hospital should be a good bet.

Hi
    I did ask my consultant but because I don't know as yet which hospital I will be referred to they said they couldn't help me.I even phoned my new surgery but they couldn't help me either
    Hopefully once I have registered with new surgery I will know where I will be referred to.