HELLOOO

ouchmyfoot
ouchmyfoot Member Posts: 14
edited 25. May 2013, 14:43 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I am from Pinner/Hatch end diagnosed 18 years ago with mild OA but in the last 2 years due to lots of health probs I have a acute problem of a flare up in my left foot.Bone spurs and cysts the arch has collapsed,Knee wrists are suffering as a result BUT staying active and only had 1 week off work with this .. Awaiting surgery a decision will me made after a knee MRI tomorrow, so Surgeon can do the 2 joints together :)
I am mum to 2 grown ups age 23 and 24 nanny to a 3 yr old soon to be nanny again later in the year.
I manage a Retirement home full time.

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and a warm welcome from me
    You will find so much info on the forum and if you need any support we are always here.
    Must say you do have your hands full with a grown up family and full time job...I take my hat off to you... :D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • ouchmyfoot
    ouchmyfoot Member Posts: 14
    Aww thanks If I did not keep busy and going I will go crazy :lol: I have lots to live for and this dam OA is not gonna get me just yet, Surgeon said I may end up in a wheelchair in 10/12 years so I will fight it :o xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello from me too. That's a great attitude and I'm sure it'll serve you well. I hope the MRI result is what you want ie sometimes bad is good :roll: Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Welcome ouchmyfoot from me too :)

Sounds like you have a busy life there. I bet the Grandkids keep you distracted and help take your mind off it all.

That and the 'older' people at your home.

Love

Toni xxx
  • Philippa1961
    Philippa1961 Member Posts: 38
    Hi :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Phillipa

Welcome to our forums :)

Please do come along in and join us all we are mostly :wink: a very nice bunch. :lol:

Love

Toni xxx