Sent to OH & no sick days!

Lubs
Lubs Member Posts: 155
Hi there,
I've not really had time to log on until the my year 11 and 12 class have left. The head teacher has requested that I go to OH. The report has come back in my favour. The only point is temporary reduction in teaching time until my medication takes affect. This is because in the summer term they will re-jig the timetable and I will end up teaching lower school lessons, which the OH nurse did not want me to do. The head teacher wants me to go part time. Wants me to now go to HR and have medical evidence to state I am fit to work full time.
I have PsA, with suspected Raynards and changes in the spine. I've only had 1 and 1/2 days off due to steroid injection in the shoulder - the consultant gave me a sick note in the last two yrs. In four years I have had about 3-4 days off sick. Going in and teaching helps me to stay mobile and keeps my joints from freezing up. The head teacher is determined that I go part time, and that my health is deteriorating. In fact it has improved. I really need advice on how to deal with this situation, do I go to HR?
(Sorry for the long post) :!:

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lubs
    If you do go to HR you really really need your union rep
    They can't force you into part time unless you're work is suffering due to your condition if not I can't see how they can decide but HR and your head may have hidden agendas like my HR and ward manager had
    I won't bore you with the details but my last 4 years at work were hell do to them! Don't let yours ruin your working life
    Since 13/3/13 I've been retired and still feel very bitter and twisted to the so called bosses! I'm now trying to remember the good times so they haven't won!
    Don't let them bully you ensure you follow all the protocols so they can't get you out on a technicality they can be devious as I found out to my disadvantage
    So get your union rep and fight them don't let them get you down
    Keep us updated
    Maria
  • Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    Hi Maria,
    My work has not suffered from my condition. The appraisals come back as good each time (they are completed every term). I'm at work at 7.15 and leave at 5pm. That is before the head teacher and most times after the head teacher. I have also teach extra classes for students before and after school to prepare them for exams, because other teachers are too busy.
    It's almost like positive discrimination - for turning up to work and not taking time off. I am going to have to get the union involved.
    Thank you for your advice.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    I had the same for years from the uncaring employer know as the NHS
    I had to work twice as hard as everyone else so they could not say I was incapable of doing my job
    Their are the ones with the problem not you
    I think it's because you are showing them up with your dedication and that's what they don't like
    You are welcome to pm me if you wish
    Maria