Operation countdown

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 5. Jun 2013, 14:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
It's now 13 days till my toe surgery
The pain is so bad I can't wait also want to know how soon I can have surgery to my other foot can't put up with it as well for another year :(
I want to be able to start enjoying my retirement take little walks without crippling pain
Here hoping to a successful outcome
Maria

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Everything crossed for you including my toes ! The time will fly by . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It will come round sooner than you think and I hope the surgery helps. I suppose they can't do both at the same time because the recovery would be so difficult. At least the pain will be halved - that has to be a good thing. Good luck with it, we're counting down with you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    Thank you Jillyb and DD
    I'd be a right hop a long if they did both :)
    Saying that I will be able to heel walk with a snazzy boot and crutches so it would be possible to have them both done but I won't have a leg to stand on :lol: oh dear that was bad!!
    Maria
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I know Maria, when you are in so much pain you wish things could be done yesterday, just keep focusing that in 14 days time it will be all over and after recovery you will have only half the pain, keeping fingers crossed for you that it goes in quickly............................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    The person next to me in hospital had both her toes fused, her right was done in November and her left was done, last Friday and she went home on Monday :)
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hi Maria. Do hope all goes well for you and will be in your pocket (if you have got enough room?!) Beryl
  • maria09
    Hi
    Nine days to go!
    There's plenty of room for pocket duties in taking my overnight bag with me so pockets won't get overcrowded
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Soon be over, Maria, and just in time for summer - I hope :roll: I'll be thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Maria it will soon be here, but when you are in so much pain time seems to stand still...I will be in pocket duties and you keep on at them when will they do the other....hopefully before the end of the summer that hasn't arrived yet... :roll: you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    Hi a week to go so not long now
    Have Rheumy appointment today
    Will be discussing changing to methotrexate to injection but I know I will need to go bak to weekly blood tests so think it will have to wait till I can drive again after my op which will be 8-10 weeks
    I will also be missing 3 weeks of methotrexate whilst my wound heals not looking forward to that as all my joints are playing up at min
    Thank god for my iPad as its easier to use than a keyboard
    Maria
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Good Luck with your op maria

I will be thinking of you .

karen xx
  • maria09
    Thank you
    Spoke to rheumy she agrees with me that a spinal will be better for me also wants to see me in 4 weeks to see how my wound has healed then will give me IM Depo and start sub cut methotrexate so fingers crossed
    Maria
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Hi Maria ... good luck with the op and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Susie
  • maria09
    Hi,
    Been out for my retirement lunch had a lovely time with my friends and daughter
    Just found out one of my friends will be the scrub nurse for my operation on Thursday so I'm happy
    Will keep you posted
    Maria
  • villier
    Great stuff Maria, I'm sure you will be reassured when one of your friends will be are around for you, counting the days with you, will be in your pocket on Thursday, wont be long now...............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Wishing you speedy healing! It'll be behind you soon.

Anna
  • maria09
    Hi
    Only 3 sleeps to go
    I can't wait
    So much cleaning to do in the house and hubby naffed off into garage to sort it out! That was after he spent all morning with his mother my dreaded out law!
    So nothing got done!
    Well he will have no choice next weekend as I will be on resting duties so long as he doesn't bring his mother
    She tries to give her advice and thoughts constantly and most if not always she's wrong!
    Tries to tell me about my condition my daughters condition what I shoul and shouldn't do as she is older and wiser she's certainly older but most definitely not wiser
    I've been a nurse for 30yrs and seen things that would make your hair curl and no disrespect to dinner ladies but what does she know medical wise compared to me! :roll:
    She also had the cheek to say she was a second mother to my daughter! Where was she the 18 yrs of my daughters life? No where never did a thing for us as a family never cared for either of my children but who was there ?
    My mum she looked after both of mine was always there for them did everything for them with no thought for herself she if anyone has the right to call herself second mum but it would not enter her head and now after my mums severe stroke she still wants to help even as she's confined to bed and wheelchair sage still wants to help now that's what I call a Mum not someone who wants everything on her terms like the outlaw grrr
    Oops that wasn't supposed to be a rant :oops:
    Thank you for listening and thank you all for your many replies
    Keep well
    Maria
  • maria09
    Hi
    Op tomorrow so off out for dinner as Nil by mouth after midnight
    Maria
  • villier
    Enjoy your dinner, good luck for tomorrow Maria hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery, will be thinking of you.............tc.............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Hi Maria

I hope you are enjoying a lovely dinner and send lots of good luck wishes for tomorrow. It will soon be over now.

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Susie