Can you have mid foot joints fused?

sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 27. May 2013, 10:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
The damage that is left in my feet untreated is all in the mid foot. Had fusion surgery for the rest of the damage.

Being an active sailor, I really want my mid foot joints fused, if that is possible? Would love to carry on sailing how I used to.

Has anyone had mid foot joints fused? Never heard of it before.

Something that I will talk to the surgeon when I finally see him again for my left foot. :)

Comments

• sailrib
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry, I just typed it into google a different way and it has come up with midfoot fusion :)

Anyone has it done?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I remember our Elizabeth tchakev WAS planning it back in 2011 Sailrib, but I can't remember yet if she's had it done?

The feet are SO complicated though aren't they with all the little bones there....have you tried a 'search' on here?

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Sailrib
    i had a triple fusion on the middle of my foot done 2 years ago.
    i have a screw each side of my heel and a plate put in i cannot
    bend or turn my foot but i have no pain i was told i people that have had this op some times need a ankle replacement.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • sailrib
    dachshund wrote:
    Hello Sailrib
    i had a triple fusion on the middle of my foot done 2 years ago.
    i have a screw each side of my heel and a plate put in i cannot
    bend or turn my foot but i have no pain i was told i people that have had this op some times need a ankle replacement.
    take care
    joan xx

That's what I had done on my right the other week and on my left in 2011. My ones have been successful but still have this pain in my forefoot where there is arthritis. :)