A Day at the Races

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 31. May 2013, 20:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,Got back from York last night apart from Friday the weather has been great.We have had the most fabulous weekend.We had one nights stay in a guest house but for Saturday night our son had booked us in to a hotel that overlooks the race course,our room was huge ,we had a balcony and Sunday morning there was me coffee in hand relaxing in the sunshine watching the bunnies feeding on the lawn,hot air balloons passing overhead,did I want to leave to come home ,no no no.
The race meeting was packed but we had seating,grandchildren were shouting their horses on ,sadly none of us won but it didn't seem to matter at all.
There were bright young things beautifully dressed strolling about drinking pimms ,by the end of the afternoon a lot of them were very worse for wear.
It was a fabulous weekend made all the more special being with family.Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That sounds lovely, mig. I'm dead chuffed that the weather played its part. The whole weekend sounds to have been one to treasure in the memory and feed off for some time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I am so pleased you had a fab time mig I love a day at the races, the icing was being with your family and the cherry was the glorious weather, I never care if I win it is always such a good day out, like yourself who cares..........Marie xx

Were the jodphurs as good as lycra :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mig what a lovely weekend that was...the hotel at the race course sounds so nice..know wonder you didnt want to come home...maybe your son will treat you again next year :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Cor! I am so pleased that you had a good time - you deserve a break from it all, don't you? Hopefully it can be repeated at some point in the future. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    It sounds wonderful. Lovely weather and family. No, I don't think it does matter if you don't win when everything is so ideal.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh mig......

heaven!! Really heaven!! No other word for it it sounded idylic the hotel room...sigh

What a great day and to share it with your family too - just perfect.

My eldest 'bright young thing' still has a hangover from Saturday (day and night :roll: )

love

Toni xxx
  • HARPER04
    HARPER04 Member Posts: 34
    Hello Mig
    I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend in York I have lived here for 6 years almost and never tire of the sights and sounds of the city its has something for everyone with 352 pubs one for everyday of the year as the locals will gladly point out to you
    Lots of great places to eat and if you like Chinese food may I recommend the Red Chilli restaurant on Rougier street you will be surprised at the menu
    With lots to keep children on of ages entertained and interested try the Jorvik Viking centre on Coppergate
    As for the locals Northern hospitality is their speciality being a West Country man I really was and still am taken aback by the warmth and sincerity of the people of York and cannot speak to highly of them

If anyone reading this has never been to York please give it a try

Best Wishes to you
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hey Mig I'm very jealous!! What a lovely time you had, I do like horse racing, only hate it when a horse gets injured and needs to be destroyed. Do you think you will go back in the future?
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    The horse racing was great Bubba totally different from tv,we would love to do it again one day ,we were spoilt staying at the York Marriot and would have to have a win on the lottery. Mig
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    I'm late again :roll: but so glad you had such a wonderful time. You were spoilt weren't you, but deservable so. And, as you said, so lovely to have the family around you.
    Karen xx