Hi

Philippa1961
Philippa1961 Member Posts: 38
edited 2. Jun 2013, 04:39 in Say Hello Archive
I've just joined and am glad I found this forum as I have been searching on and off for a while.

I've suffered with osteoarthritis for years which has got worse over the past few years as it's affecting more joints. The past couple of weeks have been really bad so it's getting me down. I suffer with depression anyway which isn't arthritis related.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Philippa, welcome to the forums it is very nice to meet you, it is the best thing I ever did was joining here, the people here are so helpful, supportive and have a great deal of knowledge between them.

If you want any advice or need to vent off on your arthritis post on Living With Arthritis, if it's a laugh you need we hang out on chit-chat, it has been quite quiet today maybe being the holiday weekend but I am sure there will be others around at some point.

Hope to see you around feel free to post all you want........tc............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Philippa1961
    Thank you Marie, I am just thankful to have found this forum as it can be quite isolating not knowing many people with arthritis. My Mum had rheumatoid arthritis and my husband has osteoarthritis in his back.

Friends worry at times that I allow them to take advantage. We all do voluntary work at our local Methodist church which most of us are members off. I enjoy doing what I can as it gets me out plus I'm spending time with people I like.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Phillipa

I just said hello to you somewhere else :oops:

Ah well it's lovely to meet you again and welcome you to our forums. I think doing your voluntary work is fine so long as you know when to stop. I do some too as do a lot of us on here and if it's Church related you are even more likely to want to help out.

I hope to see you joining in on some of the other forums soon

Love

Toni xx
  • Philippa1961
    Thanks, yesterday was a lazy day so I'm feeling rested today :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Now that is a good idea Philippa :wink:

Re-charge your batteries :)

love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Philippa
    And a warm welcome from me, you do have a lot to deal with, but you will find so much info on here and we are so supportive of one another.
    Anyhow I am glad you have joined us, you now have us to talk to, and I am a great believer in talking .
    How nice that you do voluntary work, like you say it get you out and meeting other people..so you keep up the good work.
    Love
    Barbara