Fuming

lily
lily Member Posts: 160
edited 3. Jun 2013, 03:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good morning

This is more of a rant but im so angry just need to vent...

Just had a phone call from the council saying i have no medical need for an adapted home, in fact i have no medical needs at all,

I sent in my latest scan results in February which showed marked deteration ( spelling sorry ) and i have dla both components high rate.

Everytime i get a call back its with another person and i have to go through the whole story again, Have found out that there is nothing in my notes about me medically and as such im not entitled to an adapted home...Whenever i speak to them all i get is that the results are in my file and they need to speak to the ot, this being the same person who has already assessed me as needing an adapted home...

So fed up with it, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lily x

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    lily wrote:
    Good morning

This is more of a rant but im so angry just need to vent...

Just had a phone call from the council saying i have no medical need for an adapted home, in fact i have no medical needs at all,

I sent in my latest scan results in February which showed marked deteration ( spelling sorry ) and i have dla both components high rate.

Everytime i get a call back its with another person and i have to go through the whole story again, Have found out that there is nothing in my notes about me medically and as such im not entitled to an adapted home...Whenever i speak to them all i get is that the results are in my file and they need to speak to the ot, this being the same person who has already assessed me as needing an adapted home...

So fed up with it, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lily x

Sorry to hear that your council is being so awkward and unfair on you, I remember being in a similar situation as a child when my parents were trying to get the bathroom adapted for my needs, the council declined at first to offer any help. My parents contacted my local MP who indeed got the ball rolling after some time. This is the type of country we live in sadly, the help available look great on paper from the outside but the moment you need to seek that help you discover how awkward they make it. I hope you can find a way to sort this out and never give up!

Also I'm not 100% sure on this part, but I think I was assessed by some independent woman in my house who also helped me fight for adaptions (might be something to look into)
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Hi Lily,
    Perhaps ask for a ,meeting with them, get all your relevant info and take copies in for them. I think you may be able to get social services to assess your home but not 100% on that, maybe worth as call though.
    Typical council unfortunately- make sure you note down who and when u speak to them and what's said as they are v good at 'forgetting' things!
    X
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Contact your local councillor or the council head for Social Services and Adult Care - or whatever they call themselves. An email from your councillor will work wonders. You can usually find them list on the council website.
  • lily
    Many thanks for the replies, appreciate them.

Spoke to a woman this afternoon as i complained about how they have let me down time and time again, she said she would fone me back about 5pm, as if....Well surprise surprise she did indeed phone back and they have admitted that they have let me down and that my file was not complete and that i do indeed have medical needs, so got an apology.

I am homeless priority and that is all i was assessed on, now i have it on my records that i have medical needs, she also admitted that the next home that becomes available with medical needs i will be assessed for it,
    I know she spoke to the ot as she told me so dont dont what was said but it seems to have did the trick, hopefully wont have too long to wait for a home of my own.

Many thanks for listening to me vent

Lily x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Lily
    I have my fingers crossed you soon have a home
    Maria
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hoping you get a new home soon Lily, you rant all you want it's good to get things off your chest keep us up to date how you get on...........tc..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    So glad everything is sorted now for you and I hope you get your new home soon. Rant all you want Lily, we all do it at sometime! :wink:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done Lily for being persistent :)

I am pleased things are starting to move forwards it is a slow process anyway without the hassle you have already had :roll:

love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Lily its like everything else they do not communicate with one another...anyway I see that you have got things moving forward and I do hope you get everything you need...good Luck with it all
    Love
    Barbara
  • lily
    Good evening

just a little update............... i got a home, cant believe it but i have, so pleased that we can finally start to move on,

House needs a bit of work done on it and they are already onto it so hopefully will be signing the tenancy agreement,

I know it was because of the let downs but i dont care, next month i will after 5 years finally be able to put roots down and have stability for us all..

take care
    Lily x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope you're very happy in your new home, Lily.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm so pleased for you lily! At last you can start to live your life safely and not worry about falling or not feeling safe. And you can finally have a place you can call home. I'm sure you will enjoy doing it up to your taste. I'm glad after all the struggles you had it's all finally over and you can start planning for the new home.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    That's fantastic news Lily.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Lily
    That's wonderful news I bet you can't wait to move in
    When's the house warming party?