Beautiful weekend

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 28. May 2013, 09:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
What a beautiful weekend, just what we needed after that long, cold dreary winter.

Hubby and I went garden visiting. Moverons at Brightlingsea which had far reaching views over the estuary and Beth Chatto's glorious garden on Sunday. Then on Monday the magnificent gardens at Hyde Hall with fantastic views over the Essex countryside. Plenty of colour to be seen in all three gardens and the greenery was so fresh after all the rain we had here on Friday.

Only one problem, we ate too much cake :lol: . But then, you can't go garden visiting without having tea and cake.

Can't remember if I have posted recently about my daughter. She has been going through the lengthy process of applying for a place on a teacher training programme for primary aged children and I am so pleased to report she has been accepted and will start in September. Only one wee slight problem though, she has been told she will, without doubt, get nits. I'll either have to wear a tight fitting shower cap when I see her or buy a large bottle of nit lotion :roll: .

Have a good week.
Janet xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's two people on here who had great weekends out - you and mig. Well done, Janet! Mr SW and I had a good weekend mostly in the garden with various bottles :D and that was good too.

Good news about your daughter: not so good about the nits.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That sounds like a nice relaxing weekend Janet glad you had a lovely time, and good news about your daughter you must be very proud, not about the nits though :shock: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Glad you had such a good weekend Janet....we got Saturday and Sunday then the weather changed...we did enjoy sitting in the garden and my solar powered fountain was working nicely... :D Im really pleased for your daughter..and wish her well with the future..x
    Love
    Barbara