be interested in your thoughts on this

salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
edited 3. Jun 2013, 12:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm on Enbrel & Pred and had a depo medrone injection last week for a flare. Joints have calmed down but I feel dizzy, tired and fluey. I've put off taking the Enbrel since Sunday as thought I was coming down with a bug. However, I remember feeling exactly like this before my RA was diagnosed so am wondering whether that's the cause of how I am feeling. Haven't decided whether to take Enbrel today but it is out of the fridge!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling too good at the moment, this is the last thing you need, yes? Have you checked your temperature? If its raised (even by a small amount) that could indicate a bug and therefore it may be wise to hold off the enbrel. You know what we usually say on here - ring your helpline and chat things over with them. I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    Thanks DD. I took the Enbrel and woke up with a sore throat! Difficult to tell sometimes whether it's arthritis or bug. I just wondered whether anyone else experiences this. I'm prone to chest infections due to underlying lung problems so am often more cautious than most though should know my own body by now. But thanks for answering.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    salamander wrote:
    should know my own body by now.

I have no words of wisdom, just empathy with the difficult situation and especially with that sentence. Ah, shouldn't we all? :roll: But do we? No, not I.

I hope it goes well for you, Salamander.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • salamander
    Thanks Sticky! Sometimes I just don't want to believe what's going on and want to continue with life defiantly! Sadly, my body won't conform :(
  • lilylondon
    lilylondon Member Posts: 1
    my doctor wants me to start Embrol but I don't like the sound of the side effects.all arthritis tablets give me side effects.I am 76 years old and I think I would sooner just stay on painkillers with occasional steroids.
  • salamander
    Hi Lily, I think the Enbrel is very good but I do have an underlying lung disease so get a few infections. I recommend trying it as lots of people don't get any side effects at all.
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Salamander, how are things with you now? I hope you are as well as possible. DD
  • salamander
    Hi DD, thanks for asking. I'm feeling a lot better today after a week of dizziness and sore throat. Nasty bug. Been reading your duvet post. When my hands are really bad I can't pull the duvet up. It's ridiculous!
  • salamander
    Hi DD, thanks for asking. I'm feeling a lot better today after a week of dizziness and sore throat. Nasty bug. Been reading your duvet post. When my hands are really bad I can't pull the duvet up. It's ridiculous!
  • dreamdaisy
    I am pleased to hear that you are feeling better, these bugs can knock us for six can't they? I hope the improvement continues. DD