Update on May

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 4. Jun 2013, 11:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
The dressings are off her hands but she can't straighten them so any typing is difficult and painful and with the aid of a stylus.

She got more antibiotics at the end of last week just to make sure the infection has cleared. Now its just a case of waiting to see what’s next. The next onco appt is 14th.

She’s been given some more steroids and hopefully they will help with the mouth ulcers as well.

Typically, she’s ‘getting really annoyed with myself not being able to do anything’. She did get out with her daughter but couldn’t hold her stick.

May says she hopes everyone is ok.

I think we’re all hoping you’ll be OK too, May. (((())))
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for the update, Sticky. Am glad May is making a little progress. Can imagine how frustrated she must be feeling. Do so hope the meds work and there is good news on the 14th.

Thinking of you, May. Take care of yourself. Sending lots of very gentle ((((())))) Beryl x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Thinking of you, May. Take it easy and be kind to yourself. We are all behind you.

Thank you for the update, Sticky. x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Thanks for the update Sticky.

May you are always in my thoughts,wishing you well.(((())))xxxx Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awe bless her thinking about everyone else instead of herself, hope the infection clears up soon and she gets some relief, keeping fingers crossed for the 14th sending some ((((())))).....................Marie xx

Thanks Sticky for the update xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Thank you Sticky i hope you are things are going well for you.
    Hello May
    i hope your hands start to clear up soon.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks for there update SW...even if she cant post I am sure she will be reading them....and that is what matters...that we can all support this very brave lovely lady...some very gentle hugs for you May (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Please thank May for thinking of us lot if you can Stickwicket and thank you so much for the update.

It sounds far more positive than the last update I am so glad May's hands are so much better and will be there for pocket duties on 14th :D

love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thanks Sticky.....
    May why don't you use a wheelchair....your daughter wont mind as a temporary measure??
    Take care pet and try not to get too frustrated
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Thanks Sticky. Glad things are improving for you May. Hope the infection clears up soon. I'll be there in your pocket on the 14th.
    Christine
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Thinking of you May (((hugs))) take it easy and will be available for pocket duties :)

Thanks SW for the PA duties

Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm late to this and I apologise. Please send May my very best wishes - she is having a truly tough time which puts my current battles into perspective. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    I agree DD. I've been having a few very rough pain days and was feeling very fed up with myself yesterday, but then I thought of May who is having a far tougher time. Thinking of you May and so hope you will soon be feeling a little better. Take care of yourself. Am sending a few very gentle (((()))) your way, just in case you need them. Beryl xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    May I hope you will get well soon, your in my thoughts and I'm glad to see updates on here so I can see how your doing, send you big ((((HUGS))))
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    May, I hope things are improving for you.
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    May rang yesterday evening

This amazing lady was happy, bright and cheerful. She can now hold the phone again though it will take some time for her nails to grow back.

She was asking after all of you, especially Val.

I told her not to come back here yet as she had to write her last email with a stylus and given up when she started bleeding onto the computer :shock: What is she like :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Thanks for the update Sticky, you tell her not to be trying to get on here until her hands are totally better, what an amazing lady she is, sending her some gentle ((((()))))................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    Am so glad to hear that May is feeling a little better. Hope all our thoughts and gentle hugs (((()))) are helping. Take care of yourself, May. Love Beryl
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Great to hear May is getting better. Best not push it though. No typing till your hands are better. Blood on the keyboard is not good.
    Thanks Sticky.
    Christine
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    so glad that May is picking up .. tell her not to rush things...
    Looking forward to seeing her back like everyone else. Loads of hugsXXXX
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Crikey, her courage does put things into perspective, well, it does for me. Please send her my best wishes and a couple of very gentle hugs. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    She is such a remarkable lady xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Glad May is on the mend and can lift a Phone up! Good idea not to rush into typing yet, but the way she is going it can't be far off! She is an amazing lady, DD & Villier are right she is a testament to all with her courage and never back down attitude. Take Care May sending you ((((HUGS)))). And thank you Sticky for keeping us updated.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks SW
    May its so nice you hear your are feeling a little brighter...there is know keeping you down...and I admire you so much...I do hope that your hands heal very soon...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Thinking of you may

((((((((((((()))))))))))))))XXXXXXXXXXX

Fowls xx
  • kentishlady
    I'm also thinking of you. Take care of yourself, May. Lots of ((((())))) coming your way.

Beryl xx