COUNTDOWN IS COMMENCING.....

Options
sallyann14
sallyann14 Member Posts: 25
edited 3. Jun 2013, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
well... one week tomorrow I will be in hospital having my 4th THR, although it will be the first one on my left hip !!
Its been 18 months since my last one and boy, have things changed. You now drink your pre med, you get 6 little bottles of juice to guzzle the night before you go in, I have had them in the pantry for the last 3 weeks and its taken all my energy stopping my two lads drinking them thinking they are "energy" drinks !! :roll:
Also, you dont come out with half the stuff either, those grabby stick things you now have to buy (I can only talk of anyone Sussex based)...so thought i'd give a heads up to anyone out there who might be going in to have a 2nd or 3rd THR / TKR to KEEP your old grabby sticks. :?
Oh yes, and they try and push you to have the spinal block instead of a general...no way hosay.....knock me out or I'm off !!!!
So one and all.... take care, see you all soon.
Sally.xxx

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck Sally, I hope all goes well, and you make a speedy recovery.
    I don't blame you for choosing a general anaesthetic, I would do the same.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I hope it all goes well, Sally. As for the procedures, I find they change from one op to another and one hospital to another. On the whole, I think they change for the better. Enjoy the drinks. No diluting them with whisky :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Sally. Hope the op goes well for you and I wish you a speedy recovery. Beryl
  • sallyann14
    sallyann14 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Numpty, Sticky and Beryl...thank you so much for your replies, fingers crossed on the recovery here also !
    Sticky...how did you know what I was planning !! :lol:
    Am off now to see how hubby is getting on converting my sun lounger into a high rise lounger so that my re-coop is done in the garden !!
    take care all, enjoy the sun - hopefully you all have it where you are, its beautiful here in West Sussex at long last.
    mucho love
    Sally.xxxxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Sally, Good luck with the op, hope it all goes well and you make a speedy recovery. Amanda
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sally
    I am on the list for my first THR...the second wont be far behind...bit I want a spinal block...do you think I will regret it.. :shock: I just want to know who is doing my op and its not one of the helpers...and I have been told that the recovery is better with the block..when I have my pre-op I am going to ask about all the implements I will need....I have a grabber...but that is all
    I do wish you well with the op..and a speedy recovery...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Sally
    Hope all goes well I have my foot op same day I think so you will be in my thoughts
    Best wishes
    Maria
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Sally
    good luck with your thr it will be nice not to have the pain
    my thr is 17 years old now and its still behaving its self.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi Sally ... good luck for the operation and a speedy recovery. May you enjoy a long sunny Summer in the garden.

Susie
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck with your op! And I thought I'd mention that Lidls are selling those grabber things at the moment :) x
    LOVE EMMA X
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    hope all goes well with your op and you are soon on the road to recovery
    Maria
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Sally

Hope all goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery...........tc..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles