Golimumab update...

Firemanphil_39
Firemanphil_39 Member Posts: 66
edited 2. Jun 2013, 13:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks,
To let you know I injected my 2nd dose last night...
And I'm still feeling 'better than normal' ... I've done 90 minutes of weight and circuits in the gym tonight at work...

I felt better within days of my first shot of golly... And it's just got better as the days have passed... I've started to 'forget' to take my 4 tablets of sulphasalazine and just gone for 2 ( but still doing my 20 mg of meth )

Also, I've not caught anything either... ( with my little girls being 4 and 6 and bringing everything home)

Long may this last!!!

I feel a bit guilty writing this... But thought it give some positives to all suffering with the little bloody rougue cells we have!

Any one else taking this 'new kid on the block' golimumab (simponi)?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's great to hear that this is working for you Phil and long may that last. Keep as well as you can - and stop 'forgetting' the sulph. I do my evening dose with my dinner - it's my starter! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Phil
    Dont you go feeling guilty, I for one love to read post like yours, I really do wish you well with it, and please keep us updated.
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    :grin: Great news, Phil. :grin: I for one love to hear good news, happy days ahead for you then and long may that last. :grin:

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Great new Phil

we DO need to see good news so thanks for that.

l have three girls 2 are 16 and one 13...all they bring home now are pubescant lads :shock: :lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • Firemanphil_39
    Firemanphil_39 Member Posts: 66
    thanks for that...
    x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    I like to hear a happy story, it's great news, hope it keeps up for you..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Thats great news Phil..

Marion
  • frogmorton
    Bumped up for

Maryow
  • oaksey1
    oaksey1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

Looked at forum for ages, but this is my first post.

Have had RA for 4 years, methotrexate since diagnosis. I was fortunate enough to put be on a trial for Golimumab a year ago and have been taking it for the year. For me, it has been fantastic. I have not had a major flare up since I started on it.

I now have it signed off for me to continue on the Golimumab.

Only side effects I have experienced are some bruising occasionally around the injection site.

Hope it works out well for you Phil,

Helen
  • frogmorton
    Hi Helen

lovely to meet you and welcome to the forums from me :smile:

Thank you for your very good news about Goli...hope it helps other about to give it a go.

Please do join in - everyone is lovely on here.

Toni xx
  • doverliz
    doverliz Member Posts: 16
    Hi. It's been a while since I posted on here.

I am about to start Simponi this week. It's being delivered tomorrow and the nurse is coming on Friday to help me do the first one. I am hoping to be able to stop the weekly methotrexate injections once I am established on the Simponi and just take a few tablets a week. My RA nurse said that it is also possible that I will be able to reduce the salphazalozene (cant spell it! :oops: ) in the future.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me

x
  • shell127
    shell127 Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

I am new on this website and one of the reasons I came on here was to see if there were any positive feedback about Golimumab injection.

From the little I have read it is sounding good. I have my first injection ready in the fridge to take but I had to cancel my first appointment with the nurse because would you believe it, I ended up waking with a cold the day he was due to come. :(

I hope this med works for me as Methotraxate (sorry not sure how to spell) and the sulphasaldine (again sorry :) ) did not work for me and ended up with horrific side effects.

I'm 34 years old and would like to get back to doing some of the things I enjoyed doing before. More importantly be able to get ajob would be the best.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help you can give me.

Shell
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Shell, it's nice to meet you and I hope things work out for you with this drug. I guess they have for Phil because he hasn't posted in ages (as you can tell from the original date of this thread!) Please post again with your history because you may get 'lost' in this thread. I hope others will spot it and come along with their experiences. It's not one I've tried but I do hope it helps you. I wish you well. DD
  • frogmorton
    HI Shell

I am so glad you have found this thread - and us lot of course :wink:

It is very positive and I really hope it is as positive for you too. Shame about getting a cold before though - typical :roll:

I look forward to hearing how you get on and hopefully getting back to work too :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Bumped up for trepolpen.
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Bumped up for trepolpen.

thankyou , interesting to see them all posting positive things about this drug
  • shell127
    shell127 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Dreamdaisy and Frogmorton,

Thank you for the welcome to the forum.

I still haven't started the Golimumab Injection yet. I cannot shift this cold. Nightmare! :( I would like to get it soon cos my right index finger is badly swollen and sore(along with other joints not just my finger. But my finger is the one driving me nuts the most) It is becoming difficult to do alot of things. Who knew such a small part of the body could be so important. :| I am even contemplating going back and getting a steriod injection into my finger. I don't want to cos it hurts like crazy which I am sure you all know, but needs must. haha

Anyway, if there are still a couple of you watching this topic I will get back on and post when I get my first injection to let you know I how I get on. That is if you would like to know?! haha

Take care everyone. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Shell.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Of course we want to know, Shell. I do hope it helps you a lot. These colds are a nuisance. I had to stop my methotrexate for several weeks. However, it’s better to wait and give the golimumab a clear run at it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • trepolpen
    hi Shell , gl with the drug , please post as I will be going on it sometime soon & very hopeful it will work very well
  • trepolpen
    hi guys , know Golimumab is one of the new anti-tnf drugs out & so many people saying good things about it , but I am on three month trail & still waiting for this drug to kick in , taking last injection in a week so just wonder if this drug just dont work for some of us with RA

expect they will extend the drug for few more months but dont understand why its not working , was on Enbrel & the drug worked within couple of weeks but had bad reaction to it
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello trepolpen, I can understand your frustration at this. I have tried three anti TNFs and not felt any true, long-lasting benefit from them. I know I should remember :oops: but are you taking anything else to support the goli? DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've no anti-tnf experience but, from reading posts on here, it sounds as if they are much like DMARDS ie some work for some and others for others. Trial and error seems to be the only method. I do hope yours kicks in soon, trepolpen.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • trepolpen
    thanks guys , 7 weeks is not realy long enough to expect it to work & hope they will give me a few more months on this to see it it works , with Goli & RA you have to take Mtx with it but been on it with Sulpha since 98 , cant take any Nasid's because they all cause myself asthma

some of my joints have improved a bit with more movement but still getting flares , just waiting to see if it has affected my blood test , CRP was high before going on it , just was hoping this drug would work like enbrel & take it down to normal range
  • Misssweden13
    Misssweden13 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I'm starting with Golimumab on June 18th. Good to hear so many positive reviews.
    Wish us all luck in fighting with our uninvited friend/enemy Arthur, like the name :D

Anna