Should I get it checked out?

sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 5. Jun 2013, 14:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Came out of hospital on Thursday after fusion surgery.

I am in a beneflex cast which is sealed.

Since coming home, my toes which I can barley get to, really dried out (partly my fault as went up to sailing club to watch and could feel the wind drying them out) and started to crack, especially between the toes as well. I have been putting cream to where I can get to but now they are SO sore. Just looked with a mirror and it looks awful. My foot is still swelling and I think coz my toes swell, no air is getting between the toes. I've put tissue between my toes at the moment.

Should I go back to the plaster room and get it checked out? Its no where near the wounds tho :) ty :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I know what I'd do, sailrib - I'd get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. If everything is still swelling that, in itself, could cause problems without the cracking skin. It might be that it will all settle down on its own but you can't know that and, if the toes swell further, it might be very difficult to treat the cracked skin at all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Mmmm....

I rather think I would get it looked at too....if you feel embarrassed coudl you run it by a pharmacist or your GP first???

love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Just seen this sailrib, yes I think you should get this looked at albeit at your surgery, nurse, doctor, or A@E if it gets any worse, don't be afraid to get anything checked out as you deserve to be looked after........tc.............Marie x :)
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Well I got it checked out and the fibreglass was digging into my foot under my toe. That's why it was so sore. Thanks all.

Got my stitches out on Monday and my cast was split open so I can finally wash. I'm very happy :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oooh!

You did the right thing then!! :shock:

Glad you can wash now and are a happy bunny :D

love

Toni xx