Its been a while..

righthandman
righthandman Member Posts: 38
edited 19. Jun 2013, 05:27 in Say Hello Archive
Hello folks. Its been absolutely ages since posting on here but I am back. I am the 36 year old dude with a xxxxxxxxx right hand. (oa)
Wanted to get back on here to tell people what I have had done to give future patients an idea as to what to expect from hand surgery. I have now had four procedures on my right hand, a mcp thumb joint fusion, wrist arthroscopy, Brunenni procedure and recently a forefinger knuckle arthroscopy.
Alas, apart from some releif in my wrist, I am as uncomfortable with it as ever more so in fact and it seems to be getting alarmingly worse to the point of being unable to do some tasks.I will be posting about the procedures I have had done and activeley looking for tips and advice on new treatments.
Look forward to using the forum again.. :mrgreen:

Edited by Moderators due language

Moderator J

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi welcome back
    I'm interested in the surgery you have had done
    One of my conditions is nodal arthritis my finger joints are really painful and disfigured but I can live with it for now
    Just wondered if its best to leave well alone and just grin and bear it or take the plunge and get some advice about surgery
    Not sure if it will be beneficial or not
    Maria
  • maria09
    Ps how did you damage your hand?
    Maria
  • righthandman
    righthandman Member Posts: 38
    My hand condition was caused by excessive use which was due to the type of work I have done, mainly building and groundwork.
    All I would say to someone considering any form of hand surgery is that if you can live with it as it is avoid surgery for as long as you can. It is obviously different for everybody, but I have found that I have exchanged one set of pain for another and with the benefit of hindsight I would have delayed surgery for a while longer.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi

I would be interested to hear about your surgeries, I have already had a dip finger fusion last year which has been great I have no pain whatsoever, the surgeon commented no wonder I had so much pain as there was virtually no cartilage left, she is talking about a trapeziectomy on my thumb and my middle finger is getting so deformed and painful she mentioned she could fix that as well. I see her again next month and look forward to your comments..................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    Hi
    I'm so sorry your pain is so bad I hope it improves
    Good advice think I will leave well alone until it gets bad
    Maria
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well Welcome back!!! Nice to see you again :)

not so nice to hear your bad experiences though with your hand :(

Love

Toni xxx