back pain

Options
lindseyb123
lindseyb123 Member Posts: 9
in january 2012 i had a decomression and spinal fusion on my neck for severe pain loss of feeling in my hands and lack of movement, it was a great sucsess and my neck is greathowever i woke in severe lower back pain and it has not gone away since, i was seen in out paitiants 3 months later and the consultant said he woul.d see me in 3 months as it sometimes happen and might settle ,i havenot heard a thing since, i have phoned my gp has phoned and written and no responce, i am now at my wits end and on so many pain killers including oramorth that i can hardly funtion any ideas of what i should do next. i have wide spread oa in many joints.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I'm not a helpliner but I am so sorry that you are going through this at the moment. Arthritis is tough enough but a painful back has to be close to the worst. :( Please post again on the Living with Arthritis board of the forum where others will read your post and may be able to help from their own experiences. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    in january 2012 i had a decomression and spinal fusion on my neck for severe pain loss of feeling in my hands and lack of movement, it was a great sucsess and my neck is greathowever i woke in severe lower back pain and it has not gone away since, i was seen in out paitiants 3 months later and the consultant said he woul.d see me in 3 months as it sometimes happen and might settle ,i havenot heard a thing since, i have phoned my gp has phoned and written and no responce, i am now at my wits end and on so many pain killers including oramorth that i can hardly funtion any ideas of what i should do next. i have wide spread oa in many joints.

Dear lindseyb123

Thank you for your posting. It sounds as if you have been having a very difficult time lately and to get no response is very frustrating. Can your GP refer you to another consultant? You can also contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) to get some advice about where you can go from here. One of the areas they help with is resolving concerns or problems when using the NHS. You can find your local PALS service on the NHS Choices website on the link http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=153. The booklet back pain may have some helpful information for you. This can be downloaded on the link http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/shop/products/publications/patient-information/conditions/back-pain.aspx
    You can also ring us here on the helpline on 0808 800 4050 (10am – 4pm Weekdays) if you would like to talk things through with one of our helpline team. I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn