Wimbledon.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 3. Jul 2013, 12:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's bathed in sunlight whereas I have had to put on some lights 'cos it's raining and dig out the halogen heater. Summer my Ricky Tomlison. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Doesn't the grass look lovely and green on the first few days? Just watching Rafa, who's looking very fit. Hope that all his injuries have been sorted.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    I work near wimbledon and there is no sunshine here tiny little patches .

I went into wimbledon town centre this afternoon and they have erected a large TV Screen and set out deck chairs So people can watch the tennis :roll: Must be crazy its freezing out side .
  • dreamdaisy
    Rafa's being tested, isn't he? That's the second set gone - I don't think RN could last five sets - allez Steve Darcis! He's playing very well but R is obviously struggling with the left knee - typical Rafa, though, he's plugging on and not making a fuss. I admire that.

Why doesn't R wear knickers that fit? The rear-plus-front-tugging is getting embarrassing. Meanwhile Mr A Murray has the first set. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    He certainly wasn't up to his usual standard but as usual he displayed impeccable manners in waiting for SD to be ready to leave the court. I dislike the stalking off by the loser - where's the graciousness of competition gone? And again, credit to the Spaniard, he deflected questions about the injury and gave his opponent his due.

This is the only major sporting competition that the BBC has left - god forbid when it heads to Sky or another commercial channel. DD

PS Today I have mainly been Laura Robson. Didn't I do well? :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am sorry to see Rafa go...like you say DD he has impeccable manners...and so has Federa....Laura did brilliant....now we have the sun so not so jealous...all I need is the strawberry's and cream and not forgetting the champers.... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm shocked how many players are dropping out with injures this year just today 2 players have dropped out the one was the player who knocked out Rafa and I thought he was one to watch!!
    Been some good matches so far today! Always have Wimbledon on, do enjoy watching it!!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    OH NO Federer out,no more tennis for me then. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    I am donning widow's weeds. My belovéd has been knocked out by someone who played just like him when he was younger. I thought this match showed grass court tennis at its finest.

Today I have been mostly bonde, falling over and blaming the groundsmen for my shortcomings. Hey-ho. :wink: DD

PS We're now watching footy. :roll: 24 minutes of nil-nil. I can't stand the excitement.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    "Unh" "Ooooh" "Unh" "Ooooh" "Unh" "Oooh"

Guess who?

Maria Sharapova and the Canadian lass :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    I am sorry - both were me. :oops: Being both leggy and blonde (never mind arthritic) is very hard work. :wink: DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    :lol::lol::lol:

You are so FAST!!

and noisy :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    :D That's me to a T. DD
  • bubbadog
    My OH is kicking himself because he was going to put a bet on Federer losing ! At least Murray has got the best chance ever to win Wimbledon!! Going to watch Selena Williams today she is my fav Women's player. Another good groaner!!
  • bubbadog
    I'm going to lower the tone just for mig!! Can you imagine what Sharapova sounds like doing bedroom stuff!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Tut tut don't know what you mean ! :oops: 8)
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    hi all
    think bubbadog goes something like this,
    ho har, ta ,ta, ta,
    :D
    mike26..
  • dreamdaisy
    Norty boy! :lol: DD
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    I'm another Wimbledon fanatic - have been there once or twice many, many moons ago. Love watching Andy. Must now my dinner organised as want to watch Laura. Think she's got a great future if she keeps making the progress she has done so far.

Hope Barbara has managed to get home in time to watch.

Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    I haven't been anyone today as I'm rather tired. I got a mad fit on this morning and went out in Daisy to a village called Ashbocking, it's a lovely drive there and back. I went to a place called the Crockery Barn and I shall be gong back again soon as I've fallen in love with a magnetised noticeboard (but bought summat else instead).

This afternoon I have been mainly sitting on the sofa watching my favourite sport. I shall take part again tomorrow. :wink: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Nice one Del/forever/Unsure! :) DD

PS Having done some chores I'm now sat watching Anne Keothavong chatting about tennis matters with Sue and Boris. AK's thoughts match her tennis. :roll:
  • bubbadog
    mike26 wrote:
    hi all
    think bubbadog goes something like this,
    ho har, ta ,ta, ta,
    :D
    mike26..

Mike you naughty boy!! :oops: That's for me to know and for you to find out!! :lol:
  • bubbadog
    What a Wimbledon so far! LLLLLOOOOVVVing it!! And so are Arnie & Willow!!
    Looking forward to today's matches including Murrays!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Today at Womberlydon has been good (despite my having to retire hurt :wink: ). I would like to see a Flipkens / Radwanska final, but who knows? Flipkens because she's been around for a while and not achieved that much and Raddy because I love the way she can almost sit on the grass between her feet, play a point and rise without crawling. I'll decide on the chaps' final after tomorrow. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    So, I am sitting here enthralled by the AM and Whatnot-Verdasco match, AM has some catching up to do. Mr DD is coming in earlier than usual, blast it, so I will have to desert this soon for cooking purposes. Today I am being Kim Sears as she is very pretty (unlike me). DD