Invasion

fowls48
fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
edited 5. Jul 2013, 13:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All

Yes i have had an invasion of Ants in my kitchen :x No matter what i do and what powders i put down, there they every morning .
So this means war. Bewhere Ants AS i mean business this weekend :lol:

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Oh my I hate ants with a passion some of those tricky devils were found in my hall!! So googled it they do not like talcum powder so sprinkled Johnson's baby powder on them and around the front door and on carpet they are no more :lol:
    Didn't want to use poison as didn't want to poison my cat
    It also says they don't like used ground coffee either or vinegar
    Good luck with the evil ones
    Maria
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Ants hate the smell of bleach. Maybe a mop a day and you'll never see another one.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I remember walking into our kitchen one morning and the room was black with them. Out came the Vax and they were sucked into oblivion. The next year the same happened again but not so many in number. Eventually we found the source of the trouble, it was repaired and they have been no more.

I do have a sneaking admiration for them, they are co-operative and hard-working little things but I agree, not in the house please. I hope you can sort them out for good. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    This happened to me many years ago ,when my boys were small.
    They were all over the kitchen,in the sugar ,the jam in all the cupboards and I had only been out a couple of hours... :o
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I use RA*D also known as R*IDFowls and it work for weeks. Get it done ASAP before they fly :shock:

love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    My daughter has ants in her house but they only seem to go in the same line from the front window, through the hall door and out through the front door. I agree it is fascinating the way they work but not a good idea to have them in the house. I'll let my daughter know about the talc remedy.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Have had to use ant nematodes too in the garden this year. I think it's a really 'anty' year :roll:
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    We have an ants nest in our porch! The buggers have dug into a brick and made a nest in it! And are coming in under the front door luckily Arnie & Willow love chasing them and eating them so they get rid of the majority of them. If we have an ants nest on the front or back my OH boils the kettle and pours boiling water over the nest. It works pretty well and gets rid of the majority of it!
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    We don't get ants...and now I've said that we probably will. But we have wasps somehow managed to get into a hole in the rendering in our back utility room. As much as hubby sprays into the whole then blocks it. Every year they find a way of getting back in.
    Karen xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Crikey

We had wasps a couple of years ago , i told Mr F too get the hose pipe out and we blasted them to kingdom come :lol: then blocked up the air vent .

Well the scanty ants seem to have gone , i have been getting a lone soldier here and there .It did not help as mr fowls decided to to knock all the cake sprinkles and wot nots all over the place and the baking soda pot he kicked over the garage roof in frustration :lol::lol::lol: and apologised to the next door neighbor as it went into his garden :lol::lol:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Oh b****y great there goes the Buddhist tolerance right out of the window, you'll do your karma no good by all this killing of the little b******s, but that said if you really want to get shot of them and keep your life force balanced then play them a Take That CD constantly for a few days that should do it!. :lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I found rap music worked ,mind you I nearly packed an left. Mig
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Nothing wrong with a little rap music, it's all blunts, 40's beatche's and hoe's, I love Doctor Dr's stuff same as that tw@ Justin Beebber he's got something of the night about him if you ask me!, mind you I think Snoop Doggy Dog looks a bit like a kiddie fiddler as well never really got it with him!, M & M is playing down load and Reading rock this year I'd love to go and see him live but that will never happen not at £80 for a day ticket it won't!. Oh yeah one other way to get rid of ants is to get a Aardvark, that will sort the blighters out not sure if you can house train one though?.