Good news Barbara going home today

dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
edited 18. Jul 2013, 05:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all
I just had a text from Barbara she going home today.
Barbara welcome home :D
take care
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome home Barbara! :D

How are you feeling?
    ((()))Anna
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done Barbara,rest up ,try and keep cool. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    WOW! :D That is wonderful news, Joan, thank you for letting us know.

Barbara, you take it easy now girl, you hear me? Just because you're home doesn't mean you start doing stuff, we need some more healing to be done first. I am thinking of you. ((((())))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Great news. Welcome Home Barbara. Take it very easy and take great care of yourself. Lots of very gentle (((()))) Beryl. xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Welcome home Barbara, to have been discharged, the hospital must be pleased with your progress post op.

I feel for you with this hot weather though. Hopefully it will become cooler soon.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Woo hoo! Gret news, Joan, and thanks for sharing it.

Barbara, I'm delighted but I've rigged up the AC spy cam so don't even think of doing anything connected with housework. We are watching you :shock: (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Welcome home, Barbara. Make sure you convalesce properly and look after yourself.

Meg
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Welcome home Barbara. You must be doing very well for them to let you out. Do as everyone says and take it easy for a while.
    Christine
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Welcome home Barbara
    Hope it wasn't too hot on the ward
    News the time to rest at home in between your exercises there's always a risk of doing too much when you get home
    Best wishes
    Maria
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hi Barbara. Hope you managed to get some sleep last night in spite of the heat. Am sure you must be very happy to be home and hope your progress continues for you but please take it very gently. Take care. Beryl. (((())))
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Hello Barbara

Well done and welcome home. As all the others have said, take it easy and follow the advice given to you by the physio. As I know from my experience, it takes time and you just have to listen to what you body is telling you.

Keep up the good work.

Janet xx
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    So glad to hear that you have escaped, Barbara! As everyone has said - take it steady and turn a blind eye to the housework! I have some spare blinkers if you want to borrow them :wink:

Slow and steady wins the race as the tortoise said. (((())))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well, I've just finished my stint on watching spy cam and I am pleased to report it makes for very boring viewing. :wink:

Barbara, my lovely, I hope that things are going as well as they possibly can. I am thinking of you very much. Please make sure you are keeping well-hydrated, this weather is very draining. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Welcome back Barbara. Now I know you will take it easy at first because you need to get your confidence back after falling but then the old' need to look after everybody else ' will take over.

So pleased its all done and dusted Barbara.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    A big welcome home from me too. So glad to hear they feel you are ok for home. You must have impressed them Barbara. Now, you make sure you don't do anything(apart from your exercises). Sending you loads of love and hugs.
    Karen xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Just seen this Barbara, I am so pleased you are home and I take it being a good girl as I know you will be. Hopefully your little blips are behind you and you will get on in leaps and bounds(not literally :wink:) take care huni thinking of you..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Thanks Joan for keeping us all up to date.

I am SO glad she is home and hope she will progress well now

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Massive welcome home Barbara, make sure you rest up and don't go over doing it! Keep cool! So glad your back in your own home these nothing nicer than your own bed to convalesce in. ((((HUGS))))