feel rotten

lily
lily Member Posts: 160
edited 20. Jul 2013, 13:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good morning

Is it just me that this weather is not suiting just now? I feel crap,everything feels like a lead weight hanging on me

Im the first to moan about the cold and rain and I love the sunshine but for some reason not this time :cry:

Oh well that's life
Take care
Lily x

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    No, you're not on your own, Lily. I've been regularly asked this week 'are you enjoying the sunshine?' and, when I say that it doesn't suit me, I'm looked at askance. Being a redhead with pale skin doesn't help, but the heat makes me feel like a limp rag, my knees and hands hurt and I'm sure it's affecting my IBS.

Well, that's my moan for today. :)

Hope that the weather gets cooler soon and we'll all feel better.

Take care.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Quite a few of us auto-immuners have posted this week complaining about the heat and how we are feeling - which is mostly rubbish. My limbs have been feeling very leaden but on Monday I drank my way through a few pints of water and yesterday morning things were feeling better. I had another five pints yesterday and the same will apply today. I think dehydration played a big part with me, after all sweating = water loss but without a thirst trigger I just wasn't taking enough onboard. Keep sipping water throughout the day, it won't do any harm and may just help. I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    You are definitely not on your own
    I'm feeling yucky too as many of us on here
    Think we just need it a little fresher
    Maria
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Me too. Felt dreadful on Monday and took to my bed from about 6.00 pm until 8.30 am the next morning .... and I slept most of the time, so must have needed it. I only got myself out of bed to have my OP drug in the evening around 11.00 pm cos that is when I woke up from collapsing on the bed at 6.00 p.m.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    I can't stand the heat. Stayed with some friends and they seemed to tolerate it well but I feel awful! Makes me joints feel worse too!
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    It's not just the auto-immuners that are suffering.
    I'm suffering. I'm absolutely drained every day and wish this heat would go away. I never thought I would say that. I love the sun and WARMTH {not boiling hot} this is too much for too long {as far as I'm concerned}
    I've a husband who is at the moment out working quite happily in the garden and this morning went out on his normal cycle ride :shock: and doesn't look as if he is flagging at all.....so no sympathy from him as far as the heat is concerned :(
    I've been trying to drink more but am up every night for the loo much more than normal so feel dreadful in the morning :roll: so whats the answer to that???
    Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    I am another who can't stand this extreme heat. It makes me feel really rough. Have also had my sinus probs going full blast as pollen count is high, so feel really yukky, added to which haven't been sleeping properly because of the heat. Always get disturbed nights, but this heat is making it worse. Am just praying for it to cool down a little, roll on Saturday - supposedly?!! Beryl
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I am afraid I can take the heat as opposed to the cold. It is OA I have but the neurological condition I have affects the root of my nerves and sometimes I can't distinguish temperatures, my sympathies to you and all the rest that are affected......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • lily
    Many thanks for the replies, did think that it was me :roll:

worst thing about it is I love the sunshine and the heat,or should that be used to lol

We are away in 4 weeks to Turkey so don't know how im going to manage, go every year and its never bothered me.

I think ill pop in and see the doc,this flare has not went and its really affecting my mood :cry:

have a good evening
    Lily x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi, I'm joining the club!! I wasn't around yesterday because I had a migraine on Tuesday afternoon that lasted right through to yesterday night and I swear it was a heat related one as I still have a slight headache even now!! On top of that my hay fever is a nightmare, it's also affecting my IBS (45 min loo visit enough said!!) and my joints are sore!! Never known heat like this!! Sorry for moan!
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Dear me poor us
    I daren't moan as all I get off hubby you will only moan when it's cold and raining! No I won't actually Grrr he doesn't get my condition he tries hus best but doesn't know what it's like to be in pain or ill he's always been well bless him
    It could always be our tablets reacting with the weather too
    Maria
  • kohai
    kohai Member Posts: 11
    I moved to Wales mostly because of the rain, I can cope with the rain but this heat is horrible.
    I find it easier to get warm, but impossible to cool down.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I fell into bed at around 10.30 last night, and I'm still there. I have slept most of the morning but, even though I could easily go back to bub-byes now I shan't. I suspect I'm flaring. Yawn. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lily
    DD

I so wish I could sleep,im lucky if im getting 3 solid hours a night, this flare has been with me since March and its not getting any better...don't think that moving home has helped either...

hopefully all of us being affected by the weather will soon feel a lot better

Take care
    Lily x
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi people,

I'm struggling with the heat too. It's as though my joints are welded together with hot marmalade, if that makes sense. I don't know what to do about that, but I've felt more comfortable generally since investing in a mini-fan from St@ples. It cost just £7, and because it's so compact it's easy to position where I need it – at the moment, perched on one arm of my recliner chair 8)

Otherwise, it's drink, drink, drink! (water)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)