mikeR Update its good to be back

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 27. Jul 2013, 04:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all ,

Well I have been having a lot of trouble with my legs , they swelled so much it took awhile for the fluid to go down , was in hospital which I hated so much but as the doc said the only thing that will help you is the ivf of antibiotics as the oral ones did not do any thing for me , so decided to give them a go on the 3rd day doctor looked at them got the tissue villiabilty nurse to look at them , she said sorry the antibiotics did not work and we give you 3 types so lets try compression dressings so got out and dressings started this week , I have seen a big improvement so far next dressing will be Friday . right now my right and left legs are bandaged up with flex-wool crepe bandages cant wait until the day it is all over I have had this trouble from January 2013 lucky my car has hand controls
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Aww Mike I wondered were you had got to.I do hope those compression bandages carry on working for you it must have been so scary and painful..how many miles on that car clock now and are you still enjoying getting out and about x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mike, I am so sorry to read this and yes, it's good to have you back! What a blasted nuisance but you are right about the car and that must be a double blessing to you now. How are Hazel and Mike Jnr? I hope they are both as well as possible. I send my best wishes to you all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hello Mike. So sorry you have been in hospital but glad the problem is being monitored. It must be very uncomfortable in this weather,

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hope the compression bandages work well at least it's getting cooler now so that might help you as well. Not nice being hauled up in hospital. Take care and good to hear from you.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Nice to see you mike glad your ok and doing your best to get on with life dispite the set backs. Take Care
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    We've missed you too Mike, been wondering how you all are.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Great to see you Mike :)

Pressure bandages what a good idea. My fingers are crossed it will work for you and soon.

Just what you need in this heat eh :roll:

Love to all the family

Toni xxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Mike Hazel and Mike'jr
    it's nice to hear from you I hope your legs soon feel better.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Mike welcome back
    You have had a tough time of it
    I hope you will improve daily
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It's nice to hear from you, Mike. I hope your leg is on the mend now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Hello Mike, I don't think we've met before.

It sounds as if you've had/having a bummer of a time, I really hope the bandages work for you. I guess the weather has aggravated it a bit too.

Take care
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    thank you all for reading my post , I was down today getting my bandages changed and the very good news is that my legs look way better than they did last week , the pain is less it is only now that I can get some sleep , you could not touch me as I was in pain all over , I cant wait to see my legs again on Monday each day is like opening a xmas box I am so pleased to see my legs getting better . a big thank you to all
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Good your legs are looking better,fingers crossed for you .Mig