Hi everyone

1940girl
1940girl Member Posts: 7
edited 26. Jul 2013, 16:15 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone, my name is Heather, I am 44, have 5 children and I work full time in a primary school as a teaching assistant. I was diagnosed with r/a in my neck and jaw 11 years ago, and have just been told I have serenegative arthritis in my hands and ankles/feet. I don't really know what this is, so any info would be appreciated. Would be great to talk to other people who understand what its like, and look forward to hearing from anyone.

Heather

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Heather. I replied on your other thread :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Heather and welcome to the forum..I will go and look at your thread...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Heather a quick welcome here from me too.

I see there is another thread to look at I guess on LWA :?

Love

Toni xxx
  • Michelle63
    Michelle63 Member Posts: 63
    Hi Heather,
    I have recently joined this forum. I am a teaching assistant in a secondary school. I work for 30 hours a week and do a lot of 1:1 work. I have osteo arthritis primarily in my right thumb but also in several other joints. The thumb causes me the most difficulty as I am right handed!! Working with special needs students requires a lot of scribing and my school have been very supportive allowing me to be a reader. I am waiting for a date for a trapeziectomy as the joint has had it. I don't know quite how this will affect my job until I have had the op. Driving will be out of the question so that limits me straightaway as my school is very rural. My school have shown themselves to be very good in dealing with any kind of debilitating illnesses, one of my colleagues had a very bad back and they have adjusted her hours to suit. It is very frustrating when the arthritis flares up as I am too busy to be ill and I really enjoy my job. Hope all goes well with your work.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Welcome to the forum Michelle lovely to meet you.

I am very glad you found us and know it will help you as much as it has me.

I can see you love your job and why not it sounds very rewarding :)

Perhaps it would be an idea to do 'a search' into surgery on thumbs on the LWA forum?? I do know one lass here had both done and is still knitting so there is hope???

Love

Toni xxx