Another death in the family

13»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you, Mat and Joan. I am having a spot of bother in that my left knee has given way three times today so I am sensibly using a stick indoors. I am also in a great deal of pain and feeling rather grotty. :( No matter, the dullers will help that and resting may sort out the rest of me. I have to humira tomorrow, I was supposed to do it last Friday but completely forgot. Hey-ho. DD

PS Ouch. :(
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    i'm sorry you are in so much pain that's why you are a nice person you understand about pain.
    you have to laugh about it because you cannot cry that makes it worse.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Joan, you are such a sweetie, thank you. We all hurt in our own ways and we all understand that, don't we?

I rang my cousin last night, the one who has been helping me with my mum's house. The PM showed that her brother died from a massive heart attack - he wouldn't have known much about it which is a blessing. His death has been registered and his son will be going to a funeral director on Monday. Another funeral, our third in nine months. Ye gods. DD
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    You look after yourself, DD. You must be under considerable stress.

Take care.

Meg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi DD hope you and Mr DD are doing ok,thinking of you both. Mig
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi DD
    Sending (((((( ))))))
    Hope you feel better soon
    You are in my thoughts
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    I send my thanks to Joan, Meg, Mig and Maria. I am indeed feeling the stress - his mum's house went on the market last Monday, and already has had eleven viewings and one offer. I've ground to a halt with my mum's - I felt a sense of urgency when she died but now? I am so tired. So very tired. DD
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi DD
    sorry not to have been on this thread for a few days. I hope that the funeral arrangements are made soon and that it goes as well as these things can xx
    I am supporting my Mum and her husband following their loss of his mother. They too have put the house on the market with an estate agent but this has not stopped dozens of people knocking on the door pestering those grieving with cash offers! We even had phone calls on the day of the funeral. All have been directed to the estate agent . You should do things in your own time with your parents home and belongings. You need to be kind to yourself emotionally and physically,(as your knee is telling you!)
    I wish I could be of more help DD xx
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you NB, I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I am feeling utterly swamped by arthritis and life. :cry: DD
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi DD
    I sometimes feel like animals have a good idea with hibernation. I could really do this sometimes, well if I could sleep I would xx
    Thinking of you x
    NB
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hi DD. Am sorry to hear you are struggling so much but not really surprised with all you have been through over the last few months.

I know how you feel about being so tired as I am the same as you. Am feeling totally crashed out again today as had yet another rough night, even though it has cooled down. Can'tsleep on my left shoulder - too painful: can't sleep on my back - too painful and can't sleep on my right side either as it's the right side of my back that is so bad. Rather cuts down the options doesn't it, but hey ho, will have to think of a solution! This OA lark is definitely challenging to say the least.

Hope things will improve for you a little soon. Go easy on yourself. Take care. Beryl. xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I'm not surprised you are feeling so tired DD. I hope the funeral goes ahead soon. Don't worry about your mum's house. You've all the time in the world. Take care of yourself for now.
    Christine